Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been taking my MDX to Springfield Acura ... and recently I've come to not being satisfied with their service department. They were rude to my wife and at the last service, they basically didn't do anything.

Too the X in for a warranty replacement of the airbox because it is completely loose, the case cracked at the mounting bold. They told me they ordered the airbox in advance (1 week earlier). My wife brought the car there, a little late 30 minutes after the appointment time; they made her wait over an hour before looking at the MDX.

After another hour, they told her that the airbox they received from Acura was broken ... WHAT?!?! a new airbox is broken? who are they kidding?

Second thing, the steering wheel was shaking when driving at 60 MPH. This is the 2nd consecutive services where we complained about this problem. Well, this time they must have worked on it. The entire steering is now misaligned. The steering wheel points 5 to 10 degrees to the left, while the car pulls to the right. And when I brake a little hard, the front left wheel grinds.

What did they do?

When I called to confront them, the service manager, Jim, stated that I must have done something to the car and/or hit something. Well ... gee then the MDX must have hit the neighbors cat while parked in the driveway. :D

Has anyone else had such an experience?

Also they refused to give my wife the documentation of what they did to the MDX at this last service.

IF ANYONE HAS A RECOMMENDED SERVICE DEALER IN THE NYC (NORTHERN NJ AREA), PLEASE LET ME KNOW. THANK YOU.

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
I've been going to Montclair and don't have any complaints other then the 45 min drive to get there. Last time I went for a tune-up I had no appointment and there still was no wait. Sorry to hear about the hell your going through. I use to drive a Mercury that steered slightly to the left and it gets really annoying.

·
Registered
153 Posts
soory to bite off of your thread, but...

Do you know any GOOD body shop in Staten Island? I hit a deer last Saturday coming home from Orient Point, LI and my front is damaged. I need a good body shop that will hopefully bring back our 3 month old 'X to as close to original looking.
Thanks

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
Denville, NJ . My brother got his there. Small, but very good service.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts