Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

Nighthawk Black "Tim-p" Mobile

4K views 21 replies 11 participants last post by  Warzau 
#1 ·
I never got around to posting some pics, but my MDX is truly a TIM-P Mobile. Thanks to Tim ans his crew, they have helped me to accessorize my ride the way I like it.

Here are some pics I have taken recently. Accessories Include:

Spoiler
Painted Lower Trim
Side Steps
Luggage Rack
Touring Rims/Tires (My X is a Base with Nav)
Wood shift knob and dash kit
Sunroof Deflector
Body Side Molding (First to get one in the USA - Thanks TIM)
Rear Splashguards
Wheel locks
Mats all around and Cargo Cover
Polk Audio Speakers in Front and Sub
DVD System w/ 2 monitors

Now you know why I call it a Tim-P Mobile

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
Great Paint Job

Painted Lower Trim Angle

Attachments

#4 ·
Polk Audio dx in door - Need to apply Dynomat which I have lying next to me right now - this weekends job.

Attachments

#5 ·
Center Console (I am spoiled with the nav - I even use it when I go out to get babies milk :))

Attachments

#6 ·
Went up to Maine last week - ABSOLUTELY GORGEOUS and RELAXING

Attachments

#10 ·
Thanks for the compliment Tim

I will try and take some pics of the video system tonight. I can describe it for you in advance.

It is the Audiovox flipdown monitor. The DVD source is a portable Panasonic DVD player which is conveniently located in the glove box. I have the video out of the monitor running to a 2.5" Citizen monitor located under the ashtray. It really isn't that small in the front and easily viewable. At least I can see whatever the kids are watching and navigate the DVD menus.

The Audiovox unit has two video inputs. One is the DVD player, the second, I had a plate installed in the second row which has audio videoinputs (for a Camcorder or game system) and also has an A/C outlet next to it. That is cool, and Iwill take a pic of it.

Last but not least, I had the audio out of the Audiovox spliced into the CD Changer cable (oh yeah - I have the 6 disc CD Changer under the driver's seat - Thanks Tim) and a little toggle switch to select between the Changer and DVD player. The sound is muchlouder than going through RF and sounds super clear and crisp. This is the way DVD is supposed to sound.

Please ask any questions and will surely answer.

#12 ·
Nice Ride

Is that a pair of Oakley Straight Jacket Shades on your dash? With or without flames?

#13 ·
Thanks DaleB for the compliment. Coming from you - it is highly appreciated.

The sunglasses are Oakleys. Very good observation - I am impressed. They are the C-Wire models. Got great deal from local Sunglass Hut when they were clearin gthem out. Think 50% off. Wanted the Juliet's, but maybe one day.

#14 ·
Sweet!

Looks just like the Touring/Nav. What do you think of the painted lower trim now that you have them on? I'm still debating on whether to get them painted or leave them grey.

#16 ·
Lower Trim

I have to say that I love the lower trim. In the beginning of SUmmer I was at Valley STream Acura getting my 15,000 mile servicing and was able to talk to an Acura HQ rep who happened to be there about orange peel on the black paint (that is another issue).

He took a double look at my lower trim. He was shocked when he saw the painted lower trim. He asked about it and said, it looked so good that Acura should do it.

I totally love it and wouldn't have it any other way. I personally do not like the standard beige-ish color. SOme may, but I just do not. Think it looks good on a white MDX, that;s about it. For the extra money, it is definitely worth it and Tims hsop did a great job.

Let me just note that the pics I have is not the original paint job from Tim. In August, while parked at CompUSA in Long Island I got hit in the front drivers corner. It was by a white SUV - I could tell by the color of the paint on my black MDX and by the height of the hit. Well, I had to get the bumber and lower trim repainted. Went to a local body shop where I know the owner.

Final word - I LOVE THE PAINTED LOWER TRIM.

#17 ·
Lower trim

What exactly is lower trim?

It is hard to see on a MDX that has it....and hard to see that it is not there on an MDX that does not have it.

#18 ·
Mushman looks very nice! I like the painted front lower trim, as soon as I get hit in front, not hoping to get hit, I plan on painting like yours. :4:

#19 ·
Paul123,

Assuming you already have the lower trim, if you need it painted, I have a guy here in New Hyde Park. He charged me $200 to repaint the front bumper and lower trim. He also got some scratches and @!$#@% like that out.

The only catch to get that price was I had to remove and reinstall the pieces myself. That was a no brainer since I originally installed the lower trim myself.

HrdTsk,

The lower trim is the extra "cushioning" installed on the front bumper. I believe my second pic has it.

#20 ·
Not a bad idea, I will think about it and get back to you. I have installed already. Click on my signature to see all the pic's I posted.

#22 ·
davidwsu said:
who is Tim?? How can I buy accessories from Tim??
My good person do a search on "Tim" and ye shall see the light.

BTW Great Guys who supplies our need of Acura Parts and low low low Prices!!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.