Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
928 Posts
Really nice pics !

The fender flares look AWESOME on Black !!!
Wish they looked that good on the Silver.

Love the interior w/ the wood...

Sweetness !

·
Registered
61 Posts
Hey s2k000L,

I'm waiting for my fender flares from Tim and just wondering if the gray colored flares stick out of your Nighthawk Black Pearl. Does the gray blend in with the black paint of the car?

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i don't think the fender flares necessarily 'stick out'. they simply accentuate, if you may, the contour of the fenders. they are the same color as the 'lower trim'. IMHO, they are a must to have, in addition to the lower trim and rear deflector. combined, all these accessories add a more muscular & complete look to the MDX

·
Registered
61 Posts
Man, I like the way you explained it "accentuate, if you may, the contour of the fenders". I guess you explained it well in one word. Thanks and I'll try save up for the lower trim. In the meantime, i'm going to install the flares this weekend, hopefully if it is not too cold.

Just a quick one, do you notice any fine swirls on you paint? If so, how do you plan on removing those.

What polish/wax do you regularly use? I am ordering Zaino today and would like to have some ideas from you since you have good experience with dark colored cars.

·
Registered
497 Posts
s2k000L,

Your MDX looks awesome! I hope you have more time than I to keep it looking shiny. I love black vehicles but after owning about half a dozen I've decided to go with the lighter colors. If only I had more time in my life!!!!!

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
hey jun,

swirls are an inevitability! no matter how much you baby your vehicle, they are bound to appear. your best defense is keeping her as clean as possible (ie don't drive in dirty places like snow, torrential rain, sand storms, etc), or don't drive her at all! i know that's pretty unreasonable, especially with a Sport Utility Vehicle, but hey, life sucks that way! along the lines of wash/care, the dealer applied PermaPlate paint protectant, which is sufficient (for now). i've got that stuff on both the MDX and S2000. i have seen a difference on other black cars from the same dealership w/o the PermaPlate. when they apply the paint protectant, they also give you one bottle of the 'replenishing' wax to maintain the seal, as well as a bottle of specially formulated car wash. you are supposed to apply the replenishing was every 3 months.

when it comes to car waxes-n-stuff, i've used the PermaPlate stuff, eagle one, and finally meguiars. the meguiars has a complete line of products that work very well, from swirl removers to multi-stage waxing/polishing. i've heard great things about zaino and zymol, although i personally haven't tried them. as a matter of fact, costco here in the bay area now carries zymol, so i'm sure that i'll try it relatively soon.

to MesaBeige:

thanks for the compliment! my wife finds me rather obssessive about our cars! yes, unfortunately, i do spend a considerable amount of time washing and polishing the now only 2 cars in the garage (used to be 4). i've had a long standing history of white cars over the past 15 years, so changing to the black is a relatively new and TIRING experience. i miss being able to wash down the car, and let it air dry!

·
Registered
928 Posts
Guess who?
Love the pics.

I've ALWAYS owned all WHITE cars/SUVs. I was a little disappointed that white was not offered on the MDX. The rumor is that it will be offered in 2002 or 2003. Cool !
I went with the silver because it was a light color....the new hot color...etc. I never had a black leather interior either....had to get that too. LOVE the black leather in the mdx...especially with the wood trim. I love what you did wood wise...I think I mentioned that before, but it is worth mentioning again.

I want to add....I mean I'm GOING to add the fender flares to my SS, but I don't like the way the flares look against the SS.

S2k000l: What do you think?
I was leaning toward having Acura paint them Starlight Silver Metallic. Probably going to be expensive.

I have to say though....the black looks AWESOME with the stock colored flares. VERY NICE. I would not paint them black. Makes the MDX look very aggressive .

I'm confused.....your thoughts?
Anyone's thoughts?

:confused:

·
Registered
497 Posts
I agree. I think the gray on black looks sharp.

They are a charcoal gray so I think they would also look sharp on silver. Give it a nice offset and a good transition between the silver and the black components. I would ask the dealership to show them to you held up to your SS and see what you think!

·
Registered
928 Posts
THANX - Something to think about. I've seen pictures of the SS with the stock colored flares and it appeared to clash somewhat.....but then again....I really must see it in person.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm.....................
:confused:

·
Registered
161 Posts
MDXNH said:
I personally do not like the grey against the black. So I'm having mine painted to match at a body shop. I can't wait to get mine!! it been 4 Months!!
Have you gotten yours yet? I'd like to see hwo the painted flares look, and how they are with scratches and regular road stuff. Won't the paint come off very easily?

DBastian

·
Registered
76 Posts
Not yet

Still waiting for it. I have been told that it will about 2 more weeks so we will have to go from there I guess. I must admit I'm starting to get alittle upset 5 months is a long wait. This better be worth it!!! I think it will be worth the wait.

·
Registered
194 Posts
pics aren't working for me.

Please direct me to these pics if you are still around s2k000L.
Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
sorry the link no longers works--photoshop account is dead.

i don't have any current photos of the good ol' MDX, but maybe i'll take a couple of snap shots later down the coast. it's somewhere in the 80s right now in Pacifica--gonna be a scorcher!

maybe a trip down to santa cruz will look good for a backdrop! i'll just make sure to photoshop all the door dings i've collected over the past two years!

:2:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts