Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,761 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Didn't have time for z6 after yesterday's Z, and there's a day's worth of pollen on the car...but it's a beautiful day for some pics and it looks OK anyhow...

·
Registered
747 Posts
You make us Californians proud, Wormie--just goes to show, we know how to Zaino RIGHT (certainly better 'an 'em texans)! How many coats now?

BTW, everytime I see your pix I realize how beautiful black is for the X...

Rob :cool:

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
Octavian,

What the h*** do you mean:

" ... you have done quite nice for a CALIFORNIA DUDE ... ".

And here I have thought all this time that you were sorta OK inspite of being a Texan ... See how interesting life is, you learn new things every day.

Oh well, ya can't be too bad you do own an MDX ;) ;) :D

·
Registered
715 Posts
Now, now, simmer down boys. I wuz jest funnin' with Worm. Heck, I lived in CA for a year in '97.....Sunnyvale, that is.

Biggest problem I had there with my Black GS300 is the same as I have here.....dust and pollen. Some local thar fixed m' up with a California Duster and and a car cover......not too many car covers heah in Texas tho. 1) If you put one on, you hear a lot of snickers from the natives as in, "y'all must be from Californeea" and 2) there are none made that fit over bull horns. ;)

·
Registered
3,761 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the compliments...wife and I both love black cars, but you pay the price to have them look good. Lotsa pollen for the past month or so, so we only get a few days worth of beauty before they need another bath!

Rob - I think there are probably a couple-dozen coats on there @ this point...maybe even 30. But I have used 3M SSR a few times, which would've removed some.

I completely stripped the GS a few weeks ago to claybar and 3M, and it has just 3 coats on it now -- there's NO comparison between it and the MDX. Maybe I'll ZFX it to play catch-up!

·
Registered
3,761 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
rvehock - thanks. Re: BSMs...those aren't the OEMs (obviously) as I put 'em on right when we got the car in Jan 01. I'm actually going to pull them off and put on the Acura OEMs. The problem w/these is that they're "true" black whereas the paint is metallic w/a hint of dark blue in the sun. The more Zaino that goes on, the less these particular BSMs match. :(

I think the OEMs from Tim will be a bit more subtle but still provide the protection (in addition to being color-matched). I'm a fan of the look of the BSMs on the MDX. Most important: -zero- door dings in 15 months of ownership. :) (knock on plood)

·
Registered
128 Posts
very nice Worm . . .

i love black when its done right - and you have certainly done it right !

now - stop the bickering boys . . . us Canadians are famous for beer and peace-keeping BUT
dont make me come down there to keep the peace - cause I couldn't stand your beer :D :D :D

·
Registered
128 Posts
DaleB said:

Hey, back off! At one time I would have agreed with you but we now have some awesome microbrews. Maybe not up to the octane rating of your 'hi test' , but certainly no Tum Water!
should we start a beer thread ? :D

you are right - when done small scale - you guys have some nice stuff . .

one question, is Samuel Adams a micro ?
i had it in Chicago last year at a nice waterside bar - and it was pleasant

·
Registered
10,732 Posts
I think when Sam Adams first came out it was considered a micro.
Native to San Jose is Gordon Biersch, with 3 varieties, one of my favorites.
Oregon has a few good ones, one of the more interesting is Hefeweizen from Portland.
Well, you just got to jump in your X and come down here and do a survey. A lot has changed.
When I was stationed in Wa. state, we made weekend journeys to BC. If you know the beers that Wa. was well known for, you know why.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts