Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any one has any speculation when they going to release the new model?

Im guessing probably debut at 2020 New York Auto show, sale later next in Oct.

·
Registered
500 Posts
No one knows, but I hope the bean counting, environmental virtual signaling-hide-the-exhaust-tips nonsense is behind us and they offer up a proper SPORT utility vehicle. Turbo V6, brembo brakes, proper transmission that wants to party...oh wait, sorry it will be a focus group designed, watered down mommy mobile appliance because no one at Honda/Acura has a true edge. Risk taking in our society has all but evaporated.

·
Registered
323 Posts
From the looks of the camoflague images posted recently on Motor1, I'll give this 4th gen a hard pass, might just pick up a CPO 3rd gen instead. Can't imagine if Honda makes the MDX more mommy looking mobile like the QX60. Plus, the MSRP will be a bit higher.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
500 Posts
I'm hopeful but equally prepared to be disappointed with the 4th gen. However, I gain absolutely no meaningful info from these spy shots. I assume the link below is what your ^^^ referencing, but if not please post a link. There is a ton of foam under that vinyl, so I'm waiting to pass judgment until I see the sheet come off at the official unveiling.

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
I'm waiting for the 4th Gen Sport Hybrid details to come out. Hopefully, the next gen MDX won't have the issues like the 3rd Gen RDX with all new electronics, info-tainment, engine, transmission, suspension, and platform.

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
I'm really looking forward to the Canadian International Auto show in February, which is, finally, now going to be happening earlier than the NY show. I will be attending along with the press this year again prior to general publick attendance. I won't be live streaming from there, but will do my best to edit and release a quick one on Acura's booth as soon as possible after the event on Feb 14-th.

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
I'm really looking forward to the Canadian International Auto show in February, which is, finally, now going to be happening earlier than the NY show. I will be attending along with the press this year again prior to general publick attendance. I won't be live streaming from there, but will do my best to edit and release a quick one on Acura's booth as soon as possible after the event on Feb 14-th.
Hopefully, you can get the inside scoop on when the 4th Gen MDX Sport Hybrid will hit the road! I'm thinking Acura won't release until the +MMC along with the Type-S version (maybe the Type-S and Sport Hybrid might be the same vehicle).

·
Registered
269 Posts
4 Gen probably will have RDX style NAV . Not sure if Acura will make other changes digital instrument panel or V6 turbo .

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
I find this fascinating. We really don’t have a clue. I just hope that it has a voice system that actually works.

·
Registered
323 Posts
I find this fascinating. We really don’t have a clue. I just hope that it has a voice system that actually works.
How about that noticible difference of audio from the phone and the stereo?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
24 Posts
We love our '19 Advanced and I will be ready to trade/sell my SRX by then and will be looking hard at the new MDX along with what Lincoln has to offer.

·
Registered
188 Posts
I read today it will be a 2021 model available in middle of 2020. Article said v6 turbo. New style Honda navigation (??). Same sh-AWD. That’s all Honda would release for now. They also said they would have a 6 month run up to generate interest.

I’m thinking it will try to compete with the Lincoln/ford, Volvo, and Audi horse power so it would have to have about 400HP and beefed up transmission and drive train. I read somewhere that the current 9 speed could handle more horsepower. So same transmission, maybe As to the hybrid I think Honda has a pretty good system and could easily use the turbo 2.0 and batteries to get over 400 HP. But that’s my opinion.

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
I’m thinking it will try to compete with the Lincoln/ford, Volvo, and Audi horse power so it would have to have about 400HP
Yes, but it won't. A turbo on top of the existing V6 would give 40-50HP at best. Acura simply plays safe and does not want to bet on enthusiasts.

I think Honda has a pretty good system and could easily use the turbo 2.0 and batteries to get over 400 HP. But that’s my opinion.
Turbo and electric? I don't think so.

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
I wish Acura offered the 17-20 MDX Sport Hybrid with the 3.5L option along with the 3.0L. Hopefully, Acura won't do the same with the 4th Gen MDX Hybrid.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
2.0 turbo and electric, that would certainly be like the Volvo T8. In general though, Acura like most Asian brands, are bit more conservative in development. Although i think Acura is somewhat more daring than Toyota/Lexus.

Im not really feeling the RDXs infotainment system. Why couldn't they do a full touch screen like Volvo. Touchscreens are already intuitive in society now from all our phones.

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
Im not really feeling the RDXs infotainment system. Why couldn't they do a full touch screen like Volvo. Touchscreens are already intuitive in society now from all our phones.
It's really gone back and forth quite a bit in the automotive world. Touchscreens were everywhere, then not...now they're coming back. I've experienced the pros/cons of each and have similar ambivalence. Some of the mouse/touch-pad/knob systems have better memory retention once you get used to everything...less distracting. Plus if driving on rough roads it can be tough to hit the touch screen in the right spot. Touchscreen also requires the screen be much closer to the driver vs the free higher in the dash. But the touchscreens give a lot more flexibility for what all is available on a screen.

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
I like touchscreens; but, I hate getting them dirty with finger prints. I like the concept of +19 RDX with 1-to-1 touch-pad input for the touchscreen as a compromise; but, it takes a little to get use to in practice.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Has MDXs sold above MSRP (ie telluride/Palisades) in first year of new model in past ?

Trying to decide if i should wait or not.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts