Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just picked up a 2015 MDX with the tech package for my wife/family car, and we're loving it. I have some basic questions, and have tried some searches, but no luck. Maybe the answer is just no...

1. Can I turn the voice assist off in the car? Every time I change stations she yells the number back at me, and I could do without that.

2. Can I view the rear cam without being in Reverse?

3. Any cool tips or tricks with these cars? Besides holding down the unlock button to put all the windows down...

4. Can you swap the 2015 grill for the 2017 all black one?

Thanks in advance :grin:

·
Registered
57 Posts
yes

no

your car is able to bring itself to a complete stop using the cruise control and drive itself (with varying degrees of success lol) in stop and go traffic, and using sport mode and the paddles you can start from 2nd gear, makes the takeoff smoother i think. good thing you got the 2015 and not 2016, 9-speed and replacing the shift lever with buttons ruined it for me...

that's something you want to do? not sure if you can

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
Bummer about the rear view cam, it would make parking slightly easier.
I don't see how having the rear cam on when you're not in reverse makes parking easier.

There's a fairly current thread here about various tricks and tips and not-so-obvious features that can be found on the MDX.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Quick example: If you are doing a pull through in a parking lot you can have the rear view cam on and know exactly when you are in the right position as opposed to pulling though, then putting the car in reverse just to see if you need to adjust. Or you pull into your garage and want to know if you're clearing the door without having to put the car back into reverse...the list goes on.

I'll look for the new tips-and-tricks thread, thanks.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts