Acura MDX SUV Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Acura MDX SH-AWD with tech pkg
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey! I recently bought my new Acura baby, 2017 Acura MDX SH-AWD with Tech pkg in White Diamond Pearl. I still have my high school car, ‘98 integra and my dream car ‘08 TL Type-S in White Diamond Pearl. I’m looking to upgrade the stock rims on the MDX to look sportier/more modern than the stock ones. Any suggestions? Looking at grey wheels currently. Might be a dumb question but will a 35 offset fit the 55 stock offset without rubbing? Might pull the trigger on the TSW SPRINT Gloss Gunmetal 20x8.5, 5x120, 35mm. Never bought rims/wheels before. 🥴

·
Registered
3,593 Posts
Welcome to the (MDX) family.

I'm also a long term Honda/Acura owner (Honda 1991-2006, Acura +2006). I would check out Tire Rack or Discount Tires rim search tool. That will only show the rims that fit your 17 MDX with the correct offset (20X8 sizes for base, tech, hybrid MDXs). You can also put in a 19-20 MDX Aspec as the vehicle since it comes with a standard 20X8.5 size OEM rim for the 265/45/20 tires if wanted to go wider. I used the Aspec MDX to start checking out 20X8.5 rims to upgrade my 19 MDX hybrid 20X8 gloss black Berlina rims. I want to upgrade my tires to Conti DWS 06 Plus 265/45/20 or 275/45/20; but, I need a 20X8.5 rim for that tire size.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Welcome to the (MDX) family.

I'm also a long term Honda/Acura owner (Honda 1991-2006, Acura +2006). I would check out Tire Rack or Discount Tires rim search tool. That will only show the rims that fit your 17 MDX with the correct offset (20X8 sizes for base, tech, hybrid MDXs). You can also put in a 19-20 MDX Aspec as the vehicle since it comes with a standard 20X8.5 size OEM rim for the 265/45/20 tires if wanted to go wider. I used the Aspec MDX to start checking out 20X8.5 rims to upgrade my 19 MDX hybrid 20X8 gloss black Berlina rims. I want to upgrade my tires to Conti DWS 06 Plus 265/45/20 or 275/45/20; but, I need a 20X8.5 rim for that tire size.
I just had installed the Conti DWS 06 Plus 255/45/20's this morning. Definitely gives the MDX a more performance feel and fills out the rims nicely. I've been on the fence about going to wider rims (8.5) so I could install 265's, but after putting these 255's on, I don't think going any wider is necessary. My 255's are supposed to be lighter, but the added contact patch and profile provides such a secure feel, they kinda feel heavier now compared to the OEM tires. That said, if I can offer any advice worth considering, 255's are more than enough for 8 rims and will save you $2K by not having to buy rims, but obviously that's your call to make.

Here's a few comparison pics from a few minutes ago. The Conti DWS 06 Plus definitely look better on the rims than OEM and fill it out nicely. 255 may not seem like much, but in person, it's noticeable as well as when driving.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,593 Posts
Have you noticed any differences with the speedo with that size?

I never really fell in love with the OEM gloss black Berlina rims after 2 years. I wanted to wear out the OEM tires and upgrade to the Conti DWS 06 around +30,000 miles (21,000 now). It is really an excuse to get better looking aftermarket rim in the 20X8.5 size when I upgrade to the Conti DWS 06. I just haven't narrowed down my final choices for rims yet.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Any tire size change will alter your speedo to some extent. I haven't put any time on them, but any online calculator will give you an idea. I'm more concerned with any MPG change.

·
Registered
2017 Acura MDX SH-AWD with tech pkg
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank y’all all so much!! Will definitely look into all of the recommendations!! ☺

·
Registered
47 Posts
Congrats and welcome. I never thought I would be a MDX owner.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts