Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We've now officially owned our X for a week! We got a great deal $35,000 (base model)--I know we'll be navigation--challenged, but we are great map readers! My husband owns a Acura CLS and turned me on to this forum! Looking forward to learning a lot on this site! Especially detail tips, etc.

·
Registered
671 Posts
We have the same X! I have overcome the Nav-challenged problem by using my laptop with a handheld GPS as the nav system. I haven't actually done anything with it yet, but I tested it today (on the patio) and it seems to work fine! The GPS tells the laptop software the coordinates of the laptops (GPS) location and the laptop tracks the location on the map. I don't know if mine will give me voice directions, but I can map a route on the laptop and load it into the GPS or load GPS waypoints into the laptop. There's so much to learn...:cool:

·
Registered
355 Posts
I also passed on the Nav option. I did however find a suitable replacement Nav system in the Garmin Streetpilot III Deluxe. I've seen them as low as $775 on the net. Anyway, it has turn by turn directions, 5 million points of interest, etc...

Anyway, check it out at www.garmin.com.

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
welcome . . .

Welcome aboard and excellent color choice :7:

I, too, chose to go Navi-less . . .

HHWC, keep us posted on the Garmin SPIII and give us a blow-by-blow review when you get it.

as a side note, when I got my 'X about 6 weeks ago, Redrock was a rare color and I had to wait 8 weeks for it to come in - just the other day when I went by my local dealer, they had 4 RR's for sale sitting on the lot - go figure ! And get this, as I step outta the 'X, a over-anxious salesman comes up and asks me if I want to trade mine in for a new one, now keep in mind that I still have the paper plates and temp reg on the windshield :confused:

·
Registered
81 Posts
We are waiting on delivery of our redrock base (no nav). The build date was July 10, so it should be coming in in a week or so. Good luck with yours. Maybe we can share our experiences.

Hey SocalJD, did you say there were 4 redrocks for sale. Usually there is someone out there that is looking. What dealership?

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
re: JayCT

Yes, believe it or not 4 RR's on the lot at Cerritos Acura - 2 Tourings & 2 Touring/w Nav, no Base. Now this was on saturday, so some may have sold, but I couldn't get this color a scant 8 weeks ago . . .

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the warm RR-X welcome. Also, thanks for the tips in the alternatives to Navi system. Keep us navi-challenged X'ers informed on how all the alternatives are working out there!!!! Looks like an abundance of RedRocks are around now. First I need to get black mats and cargo mats ASAP--my dealer didn't throw those in, but hey I got wheel locks and rear mud guards!:p

·
Registered
671 Posts
Red Rocker said:
First I need to get black mats and cargo mats ASAP
Why? What am I missing here? I have floor mats, front and rear, they're tan like the carpet. I don't have a cargo mat, but I suppose it would come in handy when I'm hauling 'dirty' cargo. Does the cargo mat roll or fold up so you can put the three rows of seats up while it's still installed? If not, what do you do with it when you don't use it?

·
Registered
103 Posts
Hello Neighbor!!

I got my X from Niello, and floor mats, rear mug guards, and wheel locks were "standard package."
Did you get yours from Lasher?

See ya around!

·
Registered
88 Posts
Welcome to the club! Enjoy your car and explore the possibilities this car gives you :2:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts