Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Saw that Costco has its own fully synthetic oil on their shelves. TWO 5-quart containers for around $27.00. Meets all the testing criteria. Anyone tried it yet? $2.70-ish a quart is a steal. Just wondering

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I put on my stupid hat today!! I mislabeled this as a new "Walmart" synthetic oil when it should read "NEW COSTCO SYNTHETIC OIL". Sorry for any confusion! Again, it's COSTCO FULLY SYNTHETIC OIL!

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Most of the store brands are made by reputable companies and should be fine for the average driver. With that said, I certainly would be weary of 10K mile of 15K mile claims. As well running the oil under extreme conditions (but at that point you'd be using something like Redline or Amsoil). Project Farm did some testing on amazon basics oil on youtube and it came ahead of Mobil 1's standard oil.

·
Registered
617 Posts
Hasn’t hit NY yet. I’d buy it and use it.

Oil changed at the right intervals is all you need. Folks want you to believe one is better than the other but I’ve used Walmart supertech synthetic for my Accord for the last 5 years and when I had to change the valve gasket the tray and cover was super clean and no sludge.

I am no longer buying over branded oil again. I am using the right blend and the cheapest stuff out there. And if Costco has oil at ~$2.50 a qrt. I’m buying it. Unless I lease. If I lease. I need $0.99 a qrt oil. The cheaper the better for a lease.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts