Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

New Volvo XC90..Looks great

3K views 12 replies 8 participants last post by  frankbertus 
#1 ·
#2 ·
It does look good. I'm curious of the performance of Apple's CarPlay.

#3 ·
It looks alright but no better than the 14 MDX IMO and since it's a Volvo I assume the rear end will have hideous awkward huge taillights. The front seats look pretty sporty with lots of side bolstering. I'll be interested to see what the entire vehicle looks like and see how it is on the performance side - acceleration/handling.

#4 ·
Wow you must love your 14 mdx to say that .I just hope that this doesn't turn out to be another van like crossover.If it has decent driving dynamics I will strongly consider it before I retire my 2011.The 2014 unfortunately hasn't impressed me.I really hope they make that center touch screen user friendly unlike acura.

#5 ·
Wow you must love your 14 mdx to say that
Well, I'm very happy with the interior styling of the 14 MDX. I think it's very nicely laid out and pleasing to my eye and on the surface nicer than the styling seen here for the Volvo, not that anything's wrong with it, but without actually sitting in it and operating it, it's hard to determine how nice the interior actually is and by 'nice' I mean utility as well - such as the great center console in the 14 MDX versus whatever the Volvo one turns out to be (can't really tell in the pics), and how well the center stack actually works - people seem to complain about every infotainment system out there - there's always something to complain about when it comes to a user interface - not everyone will be pleased all the time.

If I was looking for a new 3 row SUV I'd consider this Volvo as well, just as I would (and did) many other similar vehicles (but I didn't consider the current X90 since it's an ancient design with lousy reliability scores and an ugly design IMO and overpriced to boot), but it remains to be seen what the vehicle will actually be like and how it compares.

This opinion is coming from someone who's never owned a Honda/Acura product before so I have no built-in biases or loyalty issues. I was very open minded in my evaluation of the available vehicles at the time I bought this 14 MDX.

But your 2011 is still a youngster - you have a lot of time left before you need to consider getting a new vehicle unless you like to keep only new vehicles.

#6 ·
Volvo makes great seats, go sit in then for proof...

The rest, I am not so sure about...but the seats are the bomb.

#13 ·
Well it looks quite good at the first look! Also the software looks smooth. I like the navigation zoom! However for changing the temperature: No hard buttons. I dont see shortcut functionality like we have on the Acura. So yes it looks better for sure but is it done well? dont think so...

Acura should look at Tesla ;-)

Btw wouldnt buy a volvo in 10000 years. Its anyway a miracle that this brand is still alive... but thats my opinion.

If you are interested in nice dashboards: check out the new land rover discovery...

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.