Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The car drives fine and I know and am very familiar with the brake pad shift which this is not

2014 Mdx awd with 24,000 miles, in past month when I brake I hear a click or clunk under the car or from under the engine area but the braking is fine in and of itself.

It happens almost everytime now. Any thoughts? Happens at any speeds where road noise would. It drown it out such as under 40mph. I feel nothing in the brake pedal and trans shifting is smooth and normal.

I have no vibes in the steering

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No....

The brake click is "normal" if your issue is the brake pads shifting

I should clarify ... I had a sticking brake shim and the brakes in front were disassembled and reassembled and shims lubed and now no noises

The brakes clicking with braking effort only occurs ONCE in the forward direction with shifting brake pads -- make sense? Ongoing clunks during repeat forward braking is not normal.

Hope that helps; Neoshi you were the only one to give me input earlier I appreciate that!!

·
Registered
2,793 Posts
Ahh gotcha gotcha. I sometimes read too quickly without thinking lol

This kind of brings up something my Subaru community swears by. Each year or 15k miles, sometimes less, just tear apart the calipers (not all the way, just like pins off, pads, shims, leave bracket on) and just regrease the heck out of it at every imaginable contact point. Most folks will burn through pads in about 2 years but problems should usually already after 10k miles or less. How many miles are you into your brakes now?

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

1 - 8 of 8 Posts