Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a 2006 base a few months ago and it is my first all wheel drive vehicle that I've owned. As someone who's driven everything from rx7's to 5 ton trucks I have to say I am very impressed with the perfomance and build quality. Other than an oil change and a new set of rotors there hasn't been much work I have had a chance to do yet. I did install a relay with LED bulbs in the fogs to act as daytime running lights. So far the only bad thing about owning one of these is everybody thinks you're driving slow. I've had so many near misses that I insalled a dashcam for when something finally happens. If anybody needs advice on how to install bluetooth or a dashcam let me know.

·
Registered
3,338 Posts
Welcome to the Club! its green around here, we got beers...

·
Registered
38 Posts
Welcome. I like my 2005 model that I picked up for a steal. It is a gas guzzling tank, but I love the way it rolls down a highway and it handles pretty well around town as well.

Look forward to seeing the dash cam project.

·
Site Sponsor
320 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

If you're coming from a rotary-equipped RX7, you'll love the huge jump in reliability and MPG with the MDX lol

They are very reliable vehicle as long as you stay up on basic maintenance

Thank you for joining us

Nick C.

·
Registered
153 Posts
I've said it before on this forum and I'll say it again: My 1st gen MDX is probably the most reliable vehicle I have ever owned. With over 200,000 miles on the odometer, I'm actually wondering when on earth am I ever going to replace this thing?!

·
Site Sponsor
320 Posts
I've said it before on this forum and I'll say it again: My 1st gen MDX is probably the most reliable vehicle I have ever owned. With over 200,000 miles on the odometer, I'm actually wondering when on earth am I ever going to replace this thing?!
My mom's is an 05 and has 290,000 miles

Still going strong!

Nick C.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If any of you guys need advice on adding LEDs or adding a bluetooth adapter let me know. The interior looks amazing with LED lighting and I found a great blutooth adapter on Amazon.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts