Acura MDX SUV Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2022 MDX Tech SH-AWD
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone. I picked up a 2022 MDX Tech SH-AWD for my wife last week. Lunar Silver Metallic with Graystone interior. Placed a deposit about 4 weeks ago. Her previous vehicle was a Mazda CX-9.
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Hood

·
Super Moderator
2,078 Posts
Congrats and welcome.

·
Registered
3,593 Posts
Nice Pick-up! Any mods planned like all weather mats, splash guards, or hitch?

·
Registered
2022 MDX Tech SH-AWD
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Nice Pick-up! Any mods planned like all weather mats, splash guards, or hitch?
Thanks...yes just a few. We keep our vehicles 5 to 7 years so protecting certain parts of the vehicle is important to us. Splash guards, rear cargo liner and wheel locks for now but PPF the front once I can get that scheduled.

·
Registered
3,593 Posts
Thanks...yes just a few. We keep our vehicles 5 to 7 years so protecting certain parts of the vehicle is important to us. Splash guards, rear cargo liner and wheel locks for now but PPF the front once I can get that scheduled.
I did PPF on my fathom blue pearl 19 MDX; but, the appointment was almost 4 weeks out because they were backed up. It didn't take much to get a couple of rock chips down to the grey primer with just hwy driving within city limits (65-70 mph). I parked my MDX until the appointment after my 3rd rock chip. They were all in that area above the LED/grill on the front leading hood area.

·
Registered
2022 MDX Tech SH-AWD
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I did PPF on my fathom blue pearl 19 MDX; but, the appointment was almost 4 weeks out because they were backed up. It didn't take much to get a couple of rock chips down to the grey primer with just hwy driving within city limits (65-70 mph). I parked my MDX until the appointment after my 3rd rock chip. They were all in that area above the LED/grill on the front leading hood area.
Same here. Scheduling is the issue since I didn't have a confirmed vehicle delivery date. Plus, I don't have anyone local I trust to do PPF. 1.5 hours away is an experienced/authorized XPEL installer.

·
Registered
3,593 Posts
Same here. Scheduling is the issue since I didn't have a confirmed vehicle delivery date. Plus, I don't have anyone local I trust to do PPF. 1.5 hours away is an experienced/authorized XPEL installer.
I did Suntek Ultra on my MDX (full hood, full front fenders, front bumper, up pillars on either side of windshield, side mirrors, and LEDs). I also had them add a custom strip on the rear bumper on the lip and rear where you might lean against, bump, or drag something over getting stuff in/out the hatch. Ceramic coated the painted surface with CQuartz Finest (PPF, exterior windows, OEM gloss black Berlina rims).

Went with XPEL Ultimate with my RLX with Ceramic Pro. Ceramic Pro had a ceramic coating for interiors and had that applied for both the MDX and RLX. I also had Exoshield PPF installed on both windshields to help with those micro chips and rock strikes. Very happy with the PPF and both ceramic coatings. I hand wash at home and it never takes about 30 mins to wash/dry (longer if I do the interior). Planning to keep both vehicles +10yrs and +150,000 miles.

·
Registered
2022 MDX Tech SH-AWD
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I did Suntek Ultra on my MDX (full hood, full front fenders, front bumper, up pillars on either side of windshield, side mirrors, and LEDs). I also had them add a custom strip on the rear bumper on the lip and rear where you might lean against, bump, or drag something over getting stuff in/out the hatch. Ceramic coated the painted surface with CQuartz Finest (PPF, exterior windows, OEM gloss black Berlina rims).

Went with XPEL Ultimate with my RLX with Ceramic Pro. Ceramic Pro had a ceramic coating for interiors and had that applied for both the MDX and RLX. I also had Exoshield PPF installed on both windshields to help with those micro chips and rock strikes. Very happy with the PPF and both ceramic coatings. I hand wash at home and it never takes about 30 mins to wash/dry (longer if I do the interior). Planning to keep both vehicles +10yrs and +150,000 miles.
I plan to PPF the same front areas you mentioned and do inside the door handles. The installer I will use offers Exoshield too.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Hello All, Just traded my 2019 MDX Advance on a early Lease termination deal at my Acura Dealer for anew 2022 MDX Advance in Fathom Blue Pearl with a Graystone leather Interior. My 2019 lease which would terminate in June 2022, had $3K "equity" and Acura had a $1K Loyalty contribution. So, at 70 YO , I took the Plunge for this new SUV. I am like a 12 Year old at XMAS who just got his new favorite "Toy". It is just about Head Over Heels compared to the 2019 which was a very Good Car , just a bit dated. The Touch Pad DOES take a Learning curve (They should have had a Touch Screen or even better - BOTH ). But the drivability of this is markedly better : Handling, the new 10AT , Comfort (the front seats are soooo comfortable ), fantastic 16 Speaker ELS Sound System. Although I picked a Rare color, and was hesitant at first (not too many Advances out there yet), when I I saw it Live , loved it. The color is named very appropriately Fathom Blue , like the Fathoms of the Sea.... it emits different sheens of Blue Black in different lighting. Since it is a lease, and now being Retired (this May ), I only do local , light mileage and some visits a few times a month to visit the Grandkids...300 miles round trip. So, I am debating that with the well below mileage I will have on this car in 3 years, I may then Buy it. But with the new technologies of EVs and Hybrids, the value of this car may be much less than the termination value of the car? That is giving me pause to apply PPFs or ceramic coatings ...

·
Registered
66 Posts
Wow ! Love the 4th gen of MDX !! Congrats !
THX LaastLong.... I usually reserve the word LOVE for people and not things (that's just me),so in that context: I REALLY LIKE THIS CAR !!! It's a Home Run in all regards.. I REALLY LIKE driving it ..At 70 YO, can't wait to go out and buy the Newspapers LOL. If Acura had gone with a Touch Screen or better , include BOTH systems (I I think Genesis Does although their control knob on the console is NOT Intuitive), the MDX Advance would be a complete GRAND SLAM !!

·
Registered
2022 MDX Tech SH-AWD
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hello All, Just traded my 2019 MDX Advance on a early Lease termination deal at my Acura Dealer for anew 2022 MDX Advance in Fathom Blue Pearl with a Graystone leather Interior. My 2019 lease which would terminate in June 2022, had $3K "equity" and Acura had a $1K Loyalty contribution. So, at 70 YO , I took the Plunge for this new SUV. I am like a 12 Year old at XMAS who just got his new favorite "Toy". It is just about Head Over Heels compared to the 2019 which was a very Good Car , just a bit dated. The Touch Pad DOES take a Learning curve (They should have had a Touch Screen or even better - BOTH ). But the drivability of this is markedly better : Handling, the new 10AT , Comfort (the front seats are soooo comfortable ), fantastic 16 Speaker ELS Sound System. Although I picked a Rare color, and was hesitant at first (not too many Advances out there yet), when I I saw it Live , loved it. The color is named very appropriately Fathom Blue , like the Fathoms of the Sea.... it emits different sheens of Blue Black in different lighting. Since it is a lease, and now being Retired (this May ), I only do local , light mileage and some visits a few times a month to visit the Grandkids...300 miles round trip. So, I am debating that with the well below mileage I will have on this car in 3 years, I may then Buy it. But with the new technologies of EVs and Hybrids, the value of this car may be much less than the termination value of the car? That is giving me pause to apply PPFs or ceramic coatings ...
Congratulations.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Congratulations! I really like the new MDX in silver. Probably the best color to never look dirty.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts