Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2010 MDX Advance
467 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My question is, will an 18" full size spare fit under the OEM hitch on a 2010 MDX? And, secondly, what is the difference in drivability of a 19" wheel versus an 18" wheel?

I got my 2005 in 2010, joined this forum, when some guy was running it out of his house, and thought maybe I'll get a 2010 some day.

Anyone remember his name? A couple months later he sold it to AutoGuide Group.

Last week I gave my 2005 MDX to son and found a nice 2010 Advance with 71,000 miles for $22,000 and jumped on it before really analyzing it, like discovering 19" spare wheels do not fit under an OEM hitch, after I installed the hitch and put new Michelins at all four corners. Yes, idiot warning.

I also added running boards. I'm also adding roof rails and cross bars. I want to be able to haul the mail.

I discovered the 2005 has a longer cargo capacity than the 2010, but who cares with all the improvements. I am a gadget freak and this thing has gadgets.

I see in Acura accessories an 18" full size spare, which means 18" rims fit under the OEM hitch, right?

Rather than ditch the hitch, I'm ditching the wheels and tires, and swapping to 18's.

The tires have 500 miles and the Advance rims are rough. 3 previous owners and then an auction car sold by a Toyota dealer.

The tires were a grand, so I figure $750 (used 500 miles) and the wheels should be worth $100 each, or what? I don't know. New, they're $400

Attachments

·
Registered
2010 MDX Advance
467 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
I forgot about the main question, which is, can 18" wheels and tires even be run on this car? I don't see any mention of 18's anywhere except as a full sized spare in the list of accessories to be added to the the tow package for 2010. Were 18's available when new?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts