Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Every time I go over a bump I hear my shocks/springs squeaking so I figured it's time to get some new ones. Do I just get new springs or just replace the whole thing? Also which is the best brand to get and where do I purchase it from? I looked up monroe shocks but I don't know where to buy em from.

·
Registered
3,338 Posts
It´s highly unlikely that you need springs...

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
A buddy of mine told me I might need new springs. I'm a noob when it comes to cars, which is why I come here to ask.

·
Registered
3,338 Posts
It might be crap that got stuck between the spring and the rubber insulator... My advice will be to remove the strut assembly and completely disassemble it so you can clean both spring seats..
The spring by itself wont make noise unless its heavily rusted on the ends.

·
Registered
962 Posts
Check your ride height. It should be within +/- 1/4 inch side to side. If so, your springs should be fine.

How-to video:

https://youtu.be/Ral-ygOsdps

Factory Acura shocks & struts are the best quality. Kayaba (KYB) brand are the best standard-duty aftermarket.

·
Registered
1,736 Posts
FWIW, I thought I had a squeaky rear shock or sway bar bushing, and it turned out to be a slightly loose spare tire (easy enough to diagnose by just laying under the car and moving the tire around). Easiest fix I ever did! (one turn on the spare tire release).

·
Registered
432 Posts
Squeaking can also be related to the sway bars (stabilizer bars) and their attachment points to the suspension and body.
Typically it is the sway bar bushings that attach to the body.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts