Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
Nice RIMs. But it looks a little bit too small on the MDX. :eek: These sets of rims will look much better on the sedan. :D :2:

·
Registered
8,099 Posts
robert99b,

That is the first slammed MDX that I have ever seen. What size wheel and tires did you go with? They do look kind of small.

·
Registered
8,866 Posts
Wheels are a little small.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
:)

Sorry, no suspension work. It was just a quick photo editting job. I thought they were pretty funny pictures, so I wanted to share them.

The rims are actually on the car right now, so the second picture is real. The rims came off my Eclipse

The rims are on the MDX for a couple of reasons...

1. I'm checking fitment and offset, because I was thinking about using these rims on the MDX (with proper sized tires, of course; and I am selling the Eclipse). The rims are actually bigger than stock MDX rims, 18x7.5 vs. 17x6.5. I'm running 225/40-18 tires. Yes, overall the package is SMALL, quite a bit smaller than stock.

2. I thought it would be fun to see how these rims look on the car.

3. My right front tire had a leak, and I did not want to drive around with a little donut (so instead I'm driving around with 4 donuts... Ha ha...)

My wife is pretty embarrassed to drive this thing around. I would like to pick up some 20". Maybe one of these days...

·
Registered
118 Posts
No offense, but the MDX with these tires/wheels looks terrible. Can we spell UGLY? Just my opinion though...

·
Registered
6,531 Posts
I agree those are too small

Have you done a Search through the Gallery Forum? There are numerous threads dealing with aftermarket wheels for the MDX. Many photos of larger rims/tires.

·
Registered
595 Posts
Lower it! and soon u'll have a cool looking odessy..

LOL:21: :19:

·
Registered
282 Posts
1. I'm checking fitment and offset, because I was thinking about using these rims on the MDX (with proper sized tires, of course

i think it wouldn't be bad at all if you put in the right tire fitment. Besides it's bigger and wider than stock. It would improve your handling and grip a bit without sacrificing much on ride comfort. Lowering the X by an inch won't be so bad either just to balance the wheel gap and lower profile tire

what i don't like are those 20-22" crome wheels running on 35-40 profile tires with huge wheel gaps. Kinda looks like your 2nd picture.

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
:19: :19: :19:

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
Thank you miro!

miro said:
No offense, but the MDX with these tires/wheels looks terrible. Can we spell UGLY? Just my opinion though...
Let me second that.........before the value of all our MDX goes down the tubes due to diminished "curb appeal"! ;)

......I'm more specifically referring to the FIRST picture......reminds me of those horrible LOWERED GM pickup trucks I see people rolling around in :rolleyes:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts