Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Correct me if I am wrong I am not that knowledgeable about the mdx but the last major design was in 2014 correct? Do you think it will have the same interior dash as the RDX?

·
Registered
317 Posts
Correct me if I am wrong I am not that knowledgeable about the mdx but the last major design was in 2014 correct? Do you think it will have the same interior dash as the RDX?
2014 is the first model year of the current generation, 2017 is the first model year of the pentagon grille within the same generation.

The interior of the new RDX is part of the Acura precision concept, so it will be on the next gen MDX and TLX which will be out for the 2021 model year.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
2014 is the first model year of the current generation, 2017 is the first model year of the pentagon grille within the same generation.

The interior of the new RDX is part of the Acura precision concept, so it will be on the next gen MDX and TLX which will be out for the 2021 model year.

Could I ask where you received this information? Unless you work for Acura,in which case you shouldn’t be talking about it. How do you know?

·
Registered
317 Posts
Could I ask where you received this information? Unless you work for Acura,in which case you shouldn’t be talking about it. How do you know?
There was an interior leak of the 2021 TLX, and everyone was already praising about the new infotainment system in the RDX. Putting these two informations together, it makes sense that the MDX will be getting this setup.

Also Honda (Acura) was been saying for years now about this new system being in all its models.

·
Registered
2020 MDX FWD w Tech
9 Posts
There was an interior leak of the 2021 TLX, and everyone was already praising about the new infotainment system in the RDX. Putting these two informations together, it makes sense that the MDX will be getting this setup.

Also Honda (Acura) was been saying for years now about this new system being in all its models.

I just purchased a 2020 MDX and my wife a 2020 RDX. I almost waited until the 2021 MDX because I believe it’ll be similar to the new RDX. That being said, I love the look of the 2020 MDX and I actually prefer the two screen set up vs the single screen set up of the RDX. I had the single touch screen in my 2017 Pilot, and while it was very good, it was aggravating when using Apple CarPlay when the map would change to the next song and not show the map. The two screen set up lets me have the map on the top screen and the music playing on the bottom screen. It just works better for me.

That being said, the new RDX is one sweet SUV.

·
Registered
2,470 Posts
I'm also not to crazy about the single screen set-up with the 3rd Gen RDX. The new MDX would need the ability to slide the navi function over the speedo area like German luxury brands like Audi with full digital dash and/or head up display.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I just purchased a 2020 MDX and my wife a 2020 RDX. I almost waited until the 2021 MDX because I believe it’ll be similar to the new RDX. That being said, I love the look of the 2020 MDX and I actually prefer the two screen set up vs the single screen set up of the RDX. I had the single touch screen in my 2017 Pilot, and while it was very good, it was aggravating when using Apple CarPlay when the map would change to the next song and not show the map. The two screen set up lets me have the map on the top screen and the music playing on the bottom screen. It just works better for me.

That being said, the new RDX is one sweet SUV.
Did you trade in your Pilot for the MDX?

·
Registered
2,796 Posts
There are multiple prototypes running around that have been photographed with a touchpad, a single screen, a bunch of camo panels, AIR SUSPENSION (unsure which trims get this yet because the other variant has spring+strut suspension), DUAL EXHAUST (likely only for a Type-S variant unless Acura ramps up A-Spec to something other than aesthetics), and a few other things. Plus, we've already seen how the new MDX looks like from the RDX infotainment system leak (https://acurazine.com/forums/third-generation-rdx-2019-454/possible-images-next-gen-mdx-tlx-found-rdx-systemui-apk-980889/). Acuras all share the same dash look except for the NSX (and the ILX tends to lag far behind) and few minor tweaks for each specific vehicle. With 2020 being a mere holdover year and the level of development on the prototype, 2021 is likely the correct model year designation, since it gives Acura approximately a year from now to work on body panel alignment and the interior. We know mechanically it is operating already and in QC testing.

·
Registered
2,470 Posts
Chances are the 2021-2023 4th Gen MDXs will be the base, tech, or Adv with Entertainment and sh-awd being the only options. I would be really surprised if Acura brings out A-Spec, PMC, Type-S, or Sport Hybrid models before the MMC year.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts