Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Nice. Yeah- brown or red leather is the best. I thought it was only available in grey (bleh) or beige (Not bad- what I got)

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
What is the round thing stuck to your air vent?

·
Registered
837 Posts

·
Registered
495 Posts
Removing my invalid / incorrect post (you can see what I said in the next post's reply). Need more sleep.....

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
What I'm scratching my head about is that you wrapped the natural wood that's in an Advanced package. To me that's something I WOULDN'T cover if I had that (versus the plastique wood in my Tech)....
Where did he cover any wood?

·
Registered
495 Posts
Where did he cover any wood?
Never mind - mea culpa - I'd thought the center console had wood beyond just the sliding cover for the bin. As you can tell I never looked closely beyond the Tech.......

Now back to your regularly scheduled discussion.....

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
More like it took you 2 hours to have an auto body/detailing shop do it. If you really did do it post some DIY photos.
wow....thanks for the compliment. I suppose it looks that good that you think it was done by a auto Body shop.
Sorry that I could not take pics while doing it. Too much work. Well to take photos while wrapping it.
Planning to wrap some more this weekend. Will try to take pic this time just for you ;-)

Thank again :)

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
It's a magnetic charging car mount for my iPhone X (or for any phone compatible with Qi). Got it from Amazon for about $22.67 during Lightning promotion. Looks and works great. This one.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
yeah real wood looks gooooooood as is :). It would be extremely stupid to wrap/hide it. Till I change my mind lol...

·
Registered
31 Posts
Don't go through the hassle of having to justify that you did this yourself. Some people will never be satisfied lol.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

·
Registered
146 Posts
I wrapped the beak on my TLX and I know it is not easy job. Looking at your work, it is hard to believe you are first timer, that looks as good as a professional job.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I think if you are a little handy, along with YouTube and Google, you can do as good of a job or even better than the so called professionals. Not being condescending towards the professionals. I did a complete brake job on my previous car and will do my MDX soon. I can now install a complete car audio system with a processor, and tune it. Lots of car audio shops in my area don't install sound processors. Not bragging. OP work looks really nice. I got to wrap mine with some 3M brushed aluminum.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I wrapped the beak on my TLX and I know it is not easy job. Looking at your work, it is hard to believe you are first timer, that looks as good as a professional job.

Thank you, that's a great complement.
Yes like @Naresh13 mentioned there are many YouTube videos. I have spent a lot of time watching and learning from those. Once you get a hang of it, it's pretty easy I think.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 27 Posts