Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi all

bought a 2019 Acura MDX base model with 5000 miles and love it so far.

it doesn't have a spare tire but an inflation kit to use. Are they still supposed to come with a jack, lug wrench and took kit?

Thanks

·
Registered
76 Posts
Hi all

bought a 2019 Acura ME A base model with 5000 miles and love it so far.

it doesn't have a spare tire but an inflation kit to use. Are they still supposed to come with a jack, lug wrench and took kit?

Thanks
All 3rd Gen MDXs comes on Run-flats, so unfortunately no spare tire and scissor jack.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,982 Posts
No run flats for the 3rd Gen MDX. Only the 3.5L sh-awd MDXs come with a spare tire and tools. The hybrid and fwd version only get inflation kit. I had to add a spare with tire tools to my hybrid.

If you do have a base MDX with sh-awd without a spare and tools means those items were removed.

·
Registered
2,254 Posts
All 3rd Gen MDXs comes on Run-flats, so unfortunately no spare tire and scissor jack.

There have never been run flats on the MDX. AWD have spares,except the hybrid. The other ones have inflater kits. Don’t know where the idea of run flats came from.

·
Registered
76 Posts
There have never been run flats on the MDX. AWD have spares,except the hybrid. The other ones have inflater kits. Don’t know where the idea of run flats came from.
I need to check my 17 MDX then lol. I thought MDXs came with run flats since there was literally a fix a flat kit that came with our MDX Tech and bunch of 17 MDXs when we were shopping back in 2017.

Im literally used to having a small donut in the trunk, since 6 out of the 7 vehicles we owned did have a spare located somewhere in the back.

If I am wrong, its something new that I learned now, that not all MDXs comes with a fix a flat and an inflator.

·
Registered
76 Posts
You must live in a warm climate. If you saw mainly FWD MDXs.
Dead on, I live in Florida, so it make sense with the amount of MDXs running on Run-Flats and tons of FWDs (well mostly), but we do live a state away from the Lincoln, AL plant where most of the MDXs are made. And I rarely do see the AWD variants here, which is like 1 AWD per 7 months or so. However, I do drive alot, and not seeing alot AWD on MDX is weird, but it looks like AWD on the MDX is not a popular option in Florida.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I am in Georgia...Mine is a front wheel drive base unit. Never owned a car without a spare tire. Would think they would include a jack and tools.

·
Registered
1,466 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
We are up north. You can hardly find a FWD one. Lots of spare tires. Except the hybrid. I added a spare.
Hi,
What's the part # for spare tire kit to add on Hybrid?
Also a link where you bought it from?

I looked one up on Bernardi auto and it said for 2WD so I didn't go further.

Thanks,
Robert

·
Registered
316 Posts
Hi all

bought a 2019 Acura MDX base model with 5000 miles and love it so far.

Thanks
I forgot when did MDX change the lug nut pattern, but you can always get a "new" Spare tire from the salvage part shop, I got the oem donut tire+rim+jack tool for $50, it's looks brand new.

·
Registered
2,254 Posts
Hi,
What's the part # for spare tire kit to add on Hybrid?
Also a link where you bought it from?

I looked one up on Bernardi auto and it said for 2WD so I didn't go further.

Thanks,
Robert
It said 2wd because AWD comes with a spare. Except hybrid of course. I had the dealer do it.

·
Registered
459 Posts
All SH-AWD models come with a space-saving spare, the rest with an air pump with goop cartridge for sealing the leaking tire. If you have the goop then keep track of the expiration date - they need regular replacing. Oh, and be ready for some grief if you use it - tire shops do not love fixing tires with gooped interiors. Personally I dislike the space-savers, but at least the car comes with the tools needed to change wheels on the side of the road. Space-savers are not for use with towing, so if you have a flat while towing the correct thing to do is leave the tow on the roadside and use the space-saver to get to a place to fix the tire. The best thing to do with any MDX is to buy a used OEM wheel and a used tire, put it in the spare well under the car, sell any space-saver to someone with goop (an upgrade, but not by much IMHO), and buy the tool kit if needed (very cheap). Also, include the spare nuts with the space-saver as they are different than the OEM wheels use.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts