Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Morning,

I just found acuramdx.org. My wife and I are planning on purchasing an MDX within the next month or so. Nice to find forums! I'm a regular on other car related sites (audiworld.com and vwvortex.com), so this should round out my timewasting just fine!

This will be my first stray from the VW (and Audi) brands. We are replacing our 2000 Passat Wagon as we have a second child on the way and need more space.

We've been doing some calling, sounds like we won't be getting much of a deal on an MDX. Most of the dealers I've talked to are saying MSRP plus a certain number of required otptions, which is rather annoying, especially when they won't sell under MSRP, either. Seems to me that these days MSRP itself is already a markup.

Anyway, otherwise we are pretty excited to get our car.

Josh

·
Registered
17 Posts
Depends on dealership..

You can get it at MRSP with no forced options at some dealerships. I was even able to get over $1000 under MRSP, but that was face to face with a hungry salesman and was a long two days of negoiations. Good luck you will love the MDX :2: :2:

·
Registered
166 Posts
I know how you feel: I don't think anyone in our family has EVER paid MSRP until we did for our past two cars (including our new MDX). But, in both cases, I think it was well worth the $$.

As far as SoCal dealers, I contacted nearly every single one of them when I was looking for mine, so I know who sells at MSRP and who doesn't (at least as of 2-3 weeks ago). So, if you want a list, drop me an email or PM...or I'll post it here if that's permitted.

All 3 AZ dealers are selling at MSRP with no forced options, but their wait time was 60 days or so for most colors. I ended up getting mine from Texas.

Just a hint: many of the Orange County dealers all seemed ridiculous to me ($1000-3000 mandatory accessories depending on the dealer). Plus, some of them were pretty arrogant (as if they couldn't believe that I didn't think I was so lucky to find one at $3000 over!!).

Good luck & don't get discouraged - tell 'em that you're considering a Pilot and see what happens...:p

1 - 3 of 3 Posts