Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Brought home a 2003 MDX yesterday (Touring, Silver/Quartz). We were pleasantly surprised when we found inventory at all three area dealers. All were willing to sell at MSRP and so it was just a matter of finding the vehicle we wanted and negotiating on the trade. It was a very pleasant buying experience but we did find one thing a bit strange. To help bridge the difference in the final negotiation the salesman offerred to throw in a cargo tray. When we were ready to leave the dealership there was no tray in the vehicle. He said his manager would only let him give it to us after we had completed the Acura customer satisfaction survey and given the dealership high marks in all areas. He said to expect the phone call in the next few days and let him know after we had responded. Once he can verify our favorable response we can pick up our cargo tray.

I have heard that MDX purchase experiences are a thorn in the side of Acura dealers and bring down their customer satisfaction scores. Although we were geniunely satisfied with this transaction I think it's a sleazy way for the dealer to try to improve their score. Anyone else encounter anything like this?

·
Registered
11,138 Posts
This is BS! if they promised you the cargo tray it should have been in the car when you picked it up. If the Acura dealers behaved as they should, then they wouldn't have to worry about the ratings....they would be excellent for doing the right thing.

·
Registered
449 Posts
zspen said:
Brought home a 2003 MDX yesterday (Touring, Silver/Quartz). We were pleasantly surprised when we found inventory at all three area dealers. All were willing to sell at MSRP and so it was just a matter of finding the vehicle we wanted and negotiating on the trade. It was a very pleasant buying experience but we did find one thing a bit strange. To help bridge the difference in the final negotiation the salesman offerred to throw in a cargo tray. When we were ready to leave the dealership there was no tray in the vehicle. He said his manager would only let him give it to us after we had completed the Acura customer satisfaction survey and given the dealership high marks in all areas. He said to expect the phone call in the next few days and let him know after we had responded. Once he can verify our favorable response we can pick up our cargo tray.

I have heard that MDX purchase experiences are a thorn in the side of Acura dealers and bring down their customer satisfaction scores. Although we were geniunely satisfied with this transaction I think it's a sleazy way for the dealer to try to improve their score. Anyone else encounter anything like this?
I would suggest that you answer the Acura survery as best as you can depedning on your experience with the dealer. Then at the end of the survey, they will ask you for comments, then just mention that the dealer will only give you the cargo try if you give high marks. I bet you that you will get the try mighty fast after the survey. Don't let the dealers screw around with you. Always remember you are the CUSTOMER and they are there to serve you and not the other way around. :mad:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I didn't take time to argue with the salesman as we were on the way out the door and needed to be somewhere. I think this is the kind of stuff that keeps Acura from achieving full status as a luxury brand. I've bought from Lexus and Audi in the past few years and the buying experience was top notch with both. We like the MDX so much that we bought it despite the fact it is an Acura.

·
Registered
335 Posts
I agree with Kishino - I would be honest on the survey and point out what the dealer did. It seems that Honda/Acura as of late has been getting a little more involved in the less than ethical practices of their dealers, and I think they would not take kindly to one trying to interfere with their survey process. I suspect you will get your cargo tray anyway, and if not, there is Tim at http://hondacuraworld.com ;)

·
Registered
335 Posts
...and from Buhmabee on another thread, the Acura customer relations number is (800) 382-2238, they may be interested as well...:mad:

·
Registered
2,266 Posts
Hi Zspen:

___It is not like we all haven’t read of horror stories from what appears to be a majority of Acura dealerships in the recent past when there wasn’t any X inventory. I just shake my head and ask why any Acura dealership has to perform such deeds …

*** (you would not want to read what I was about to post!) ***

___I am sorry to hear of the minor irritation you had in regards to the purchase but am glad to see you are driving and enjoying your new X. And please do as Kishino has mentioned. I am sure that comment will make its way back to corporate and someone will be held accountable …

___Good Luck

___Wayne R. Gerdes
___Hunt Club Farms Landscaping Ltd.
___[email protected]

·
Registered
327 Posts
I would also report them to Acura and your local Better Business Bureau. I'm no lawyer, but that sounds like fraud and breach of contract.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Hey zspen,
If you don't call Acura I will. That type of behavior in/with dealerships fires my blood. Now, what I want you to do is get something else out of them like kgbmom did http://www.acuramdx.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=103855. Tell them to throw in free wheel locks, something or buhmabee's coming down to Redmond.

·
Registered
27 Posts
That would also have me pissed off. I can't beleive you made a deal and they hold a freakin cargo tray over your head like your some kind of little child being told what to do !?

I would tell them to keep there little cargo tray and let Acura know the kind of cr*p they are pulling on you.

·
Registered
8,866 Posts
That's pure garbage. . . I'd report them to the BBB and Acura. . .

1 - 13 of 13 Posts