Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where can I find info on the specifics of the stereo in this model? The problem with My TLs's Bose system is that you can do absolutely nothing to it. I'm told that the stock system in the MDX-P is not a bose system. Is it sup-up-able? Does it have aux inputs for an MP3 player or such? Anyone have some info?

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
Not sure if you answered this in your other post but "what is an MDX-P?" Is there a holiday version of the MDX? ohhhhhh I just realized you mean premium. :1pat: Ok, it has a stock Acura stereo with a single disc changer. It does not have any AUX but if you do a search you will find that a 50.00 unit has been purchased by members that plugs directly into back of stock unit to give you an aux "port" for an external device. I believe it was called a "blitz-safe". The MDX-T(I got it now) has a Bose stereo system with in dash 6 dish changer and an extra speaker. Some have put in aftermarket stereo systems but looks like a professional would need to do it(unless you are already then disregard prior sentence) You can do some searches in this website for aftermarket system installs and find some very interesting adaptations.Uh... you should go to the dealer and take a gander at what you are gettin' into. They also have an MDX-T w/N out too that you might want to look at.

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
On the TL boards the standard TL is referred to as the TL-P (premium) to differentiate it from the TL-S (though I don't know why). I'm guessing he's carrying that nomenclature to the MDX as well.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes, the model is an MDX-Premium, easier said MDX-P. This tells me that the system in the MDX-P will be upgradeable :) I don’t want another Bose system since I’m not all that impressed with it in my TLs.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts