Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone, just signed up for this forum! Was waiting to get a Honda Passport 2019 and then got a steal on a low mileage MDX which I am so far thrilled with. Had a bit of a strange issue yesterday. Was running late for a court thing, found some street parking, paid at one of those credit card parking machines which prints a small ticket to place on my dash. I did that and the ticket slipped into the gap between the dash and the windshield. It took me about 5 minutes and the sticky part of an envelope to retrieve it.

Surely there should be something to prevent this? Has anyone had this before?

·
Registered
95 Posts
I had this happen with another car, though I can't recall which one, so I don't believe it is something unique to the the MDX.

·
Registered
555 Posts
Yea, there is no way a mfg is not going to have a gap between the dash and windshield. Thats just how there built. Some may be a bit wider, but now days with CAD the gaps can be much closer than in the old days.

·
Registered
911 Posts
There will always be spots like that where a parking slip could disappear on you and you will never find a car that doesn't have them. Just avoid putting it in a spot that can occur in the future. Another no-no is sticking between the window and the door trim then rolling down the window. Ask me how I know :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts