Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Something's not right here. Besides noise and hesitation there's also some flickering in gauge lights before startup. Acura dealer showed battery at 80%. Car is still under three month warranty from them. Is this a common issue? Thoughts appreciated.

Thanks.

·
Registered
492 Posts
^^^Agree, that (battery) is probably the first place to look for anything electrical that doesn't have an obvious explanation.

I've gotten to the point where I've started collecting tools that I don't/won't use very much just because anyone that tests components for "free" has a compelling reason to try to sell me something. I bought a load tester with an analog gauge, not the led lights or LCD "good battery!".

·
Registered
60 Posts
The initial noise is the tilt steering adjusting. Note that you should not hold in the start button. Just press and let go. From Page 325 of the Owner's Manual: "Do not hold the ENGINE START/STOP button to start the engine."

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The initial noise is the tilt steering adjusting. Note that you should not hold in the start button. Just press and let go. From Page 325 of the Owner's Manual: "Do not hold the ENGINE START/STOP button to start the engine."
the tilt steering makes the noise even if it doesn't move? thx

·
Registered
2014 MDX Tech SH-AWD
31 Posts
Yeah the wheel not moving but still making the tilt sound is definitely an issue.

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
It does not sound normal. But no matter it is normal or not, take it to dealer for further investigation if you feel something odd and car is still under warranty.

·
Registered
60 Posts
the tilt steering makes the noise even if it doesn't move? thx
If your wheel is not moving, you likely have it set normally at the highest up position and all the way in. That is how I have mine set. So, I always get that buzzing sound. You can turn off the wheel movement in the menu. I don't since my wife keeps the wheel at a different position, so it does move for her. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Should Not hesitate, but, you don’t have to hold the push button, just push and let go...not sure if there’s a correlation, but just an FYI .

1 - 11 of 11 Posts