Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, just purchased a 2014 MDX full loaded minus heated steering wheel option.

Was thinking of how to make the rear entertainment HDMI work completely wireless. Has anyone tried using Chromecast and using your mobile phone's hotspot as the network? If not, I don't mind the wired connection but I've ruined way too many micro usb connections in the past from the constant connecting and disconnecting.

Thanks in advance for the responses

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
Yes, it works. If you're trying to stream from the hotspot host phone, you need to setup the chromecast from another device or home first. The easiest way is to setup the chromecast for your home's network and then make your phone's hotspot info match, as the chromecast will be hunting for the SSID and utilizing that password.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, it works. If you're trying to stream from the hotspot host phone, you need to setup the chromecast from another device or home first. The easiest way is to setup the chromecast for your home's network and then make your phone's hotspot info match, as the chromecast will be hunting for the SSID and utilizing that password.
I promise I'm not a novice to forums, I just did a search and it appears this question has been asked before.

Thanks for the quick reply, I'll report back when I screw things up the first time through testing and need to ask again how to do it!

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
No worries. I forgot to mention that matching your home network info is useful if you plan to use your chromecast between home and the car, but if you choose to dedicate the chromecast to your MDX, you can always setup the chromecast at home with your phone's hotspot settings if you keep a separate SSID and password than home.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts