Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2007 Acura Sport with Navigation.

I'm somewhat of a map geek so once again I waited for the current white nav disk to drop to $99 and purchased a current 2016 one from "Here" the new supplier of Acura Nav disks.

Surprisingly the new disk failed to load, and flashed an error message that my new disk was older than my 2 year old current disk. Strange I thought, there must be something wrong with the disk.

A call to the vendor Here was handled well and they shipped me a new disk, however it has the same problem.

I am well versed in computers but after a few days’ of trying the installation of this new disk was found to be impossible.

Most of you geeks also know the three finger salute boot into the diagnostic screens but that also ran into a blank.

Here is the problem in a nutshell.
Menu, setup and cancel buttons for 5 seconds
Select version
Select download

This action will then download whatever disk is in the DVD drive.
However, in my case the same error message appears for half a second and the screen goes blank. The new disk doesn’t load and the key off requires about 2 minutes before key on and the old disk only can be rebooted. If the new disk is in the drive the DVD player rejects it as older than the previous.

I tested the new disk by successfully loading it into another car.

So, my question is this. Does anybody know how to completely erase the previous memory in the DVD player as it appears mine will not let go of its current memory. Battery ground cable removal does not work.

Next move is the Alpine $350 fix but I'm not sure at this time.

·
Registered
60 Posts
There is a way to erase the memory in the diag screen, however I am not sure exactly where it is. I will be without access to my car for a few days or I would find out for you. If you still need an answer in a few days time, I will look and let you know.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts