Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I'm getting a 2006 MDX with 126k miles in the next week, buying it from a friend.

For the last 12 years I've driven a 2001 Nissan Pathfinder to 267k miles. Unfortunately it succumbed to valve lifter death.

I do a lot of my own car work. I've been a long time member of the NPORA forum for it.

The MDX looks like a great SUV. I'm excited to join. I see lots of great content, and hope I can add to it over time.

I don't do a lot of off-roading with my daily driver. My wife and I do like camping, and we will be towing a 3,000 lb 17 ft travel trailer, a Casita, with the MDX so I've been doing some research on that.

I'm not sure if it has the tow package, but if it doesn't I'll be adding the hitch, and transmission cooler. And I'm sure I'll have to figure out how to add the electric brake wiring.

Anyway thanks everyone who set up and participates on this forum.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
48 Posts
Welcome! A few of us love the MDX as a tow vehicle. You can check out our thread on the Airstream forum called “Acura MDX towing.”

Steve

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the suggestion. I read that whole 330 post thread. What a discussion! But it definitely reassures me that the MDX will confidently tow our little 2600 lb (unloaded) RV.

I just got the Curt receiver and Hopkins light wiring kit tonight. Will be installing this weekend.

I'm hoping I can figure out how to get the wires for my electric trailer brakes through the firewall on my own without too much difficulty.

That was the hardest part of installing them in my Pathfinder.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

1 - 3 of 3 Posts