Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, my name is Don and I've had my MDX since August of 2013. It has about 78,000 miles. It's been a great truck with only a few issues. One, requires a new battery every two years. Two, I put new rotors and brakes on the front because of a pulsation and clunking noise when backing up. I lubed the mounting surfaces with high temp lube and the noise is gone. Lastly, the emissions error code came up after two short distance trips from the house. The truck seemed to go into a derate mode and I made it home. I disconnected the negative cable from the body and charged the battery after adding distilled water. Lots of sparks when I connected the cable, I hear that's normal with all the tech in the vehicle. When I started the car, no emissions error and the truck ran just fine. I installed a battery tender quick connect under the hood so I can charge it occasionally. A dealer rep mentioned it may be caused by frequent under ten mile trips and a voltage drop. Thanks for having a forum available.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts