Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Gang -

I'm a new member and look forward to taking delivery of my MDX in a couple of weeks. I've scanned this "Accessories" topic and could find no mention of "Body Side Molding." Does anybody have any experience with it? Is it indeed good for protecting the doors from dings and scratches? Is it aesthetically enhancing, or at least neutral? It seems like a good idea to me, but I'd sure like to hear from someone with experience. Thanks.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Erik....

Welcome to the forum! You should find this link to be helpful. I found it by doing a search on the keyword, 'moulding'.
http://www.acuramdx.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=3412&highlight=moulding

But, to answer your question....Yes, many of us have successfully and easily installed the body side mouldings. I love the way they look on my 'X. Of course, you'll want to get them from Tim @ HONDACURAWORLD!:D Save BIG bucks....do it yourself!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Great! Thanks for the link, the testimonial, and the advice on how to search on this website. (Of course, it helps to know how to spell 'moulding.') I'm a rookie.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Nothing to it!

The BSM is dead simple to put on. The instructions are written on the positioning templates that come with the BSMs. Allow 15-20 minutes per side. I think they look good, but I put them on mainly for protection. I'm starting to think about how contasting colors or multiple sets would look. Here are a couple of threads that show BSMs installed:

Fender flares and BSMs in full sun

Painted flares and BSM - overcast with no sun

A GG with dealer installed BSM

There are several other pictures in the Gallery section that show BSMs on other colors.

- Conrad

·
Registered
184 Posts
I and others have posted installation tips and pictures. Unfortunately not everyone spells it the same and most just refer to it as BSM.

If you search on BSM you also pick up all the signatures with "BSM" in it so it may take a while to find the right thread.

Even with the BSMs installed it doesn't guarantee complete protection.

I recently noticed a small ding about 10" below the BSM on my MDX. :mad:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi Erik,

I have the Body Side Molding and I love it! I got it partly for protection and looks. I think it looks great on my MDX. I'd attach a photo of it but the one I have has people in it and you can't see it very well. I'll put pics up of my MDX soon though. Good luck with your MDX! BTW--what color did you get? :)

-MDXRULES!

·
Registered
11 Posts
BSM and Spoiler Painted to match MDX body

I too am taking delivery of my '02 Touring MDX next month. . . .can't wait!

I'm wondering what to expect to pay for painting the Body Side Moulding and Spoiler to match the body?

Oh, what about the Mud Guards. . . . wouldn't they tend to chip since they're flexible?

I assume paint BEFORE install right?

Rufus

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks again for all the good advice and photos. To answer your question, MDXRULES, we're getting ours in white. Can't wait.

·
Registered
143 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Very cool, charlieinnj. Thanks. We chose white primarily because my wife's research indicates that it is the safest (most visible) color for a vehicle (except in stnow storms, I suppose). Hence, most ambulances are predominantly white. (We've got twin infant sons, so we're kinda mindful of safety.) It's a bonus that the 'X looks so darn good in white!

peace

1 - 10 of 10 Posts