Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
5-time Acura owner, two MDXs, one TSX, one ILX and currently an RDX for wife and daughters.

Am about to buy a new one, seriously considering a 2019 AWD Technology model. Here is my question:does the 2019 MDX posses the same high levels of reliability that I have enjoyed with the previous Acuras? I have seen information about three recalls, and Consumer Reports does not recommend the 2019 MDX. I would like to get unbiased input. Are there any areas of concern?
Thank you for your comments!

·
Registered
440 Posts
I was a previous two-time first gen MDX owner (2003 and 2006) and current third gen owner (2018). The 2006 is still in the family, no out of the ordinary issues after 13 years/99K miles, and the current model has been problem-free for over a year, save for the back-up camera staying on in drive on two separate occasions (went away both times after restarting the car).

For 2019, the transmission programming was improved from what I understand, but I can't say my 2018 is terrible in this department, albeit it did take a little getting used to the car powering through so many gears from 0-40 mph.

I know the infotainment has gotten flack for being "outdated" and convoluted which I suppose is somewhat true, but once I turned off the screen beeps and configured everything to my liking after the first week of ownership, it's somewhat a set-it-and-forget-it setup IMHO.

My personal definition of unreliability stems back to scenarios like being stranded on the side of the road due to unknown electrical gremlins (I.E. my old '80s Chrysler minivan from 30 years ago). It seems today a vehicle is deemed unreliable if your phone doesn't pair immediately. On my new model, I've had one recall for a possible tail light outage.

From my standpoint, sure the MDX is not without its issues or quirks (is any car?), but I continue to be happy after three of them and 17+ years of Acura ownership and would continue to recommend them without hesitation.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
About this Discussion
2 Replies
3 Participants
AcuraAddicted
Acura MDX SUV Forums
Acura MDXers Forum - a community where enthusiasts discuss engines, tires, service and everything you need to know about the MDX!
Full Forum Listing