Acura MDX SUV Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all - I am new to the forum. I assume this is the "best" forum for MDX yes? (I am also a member at OdyClub and DriveAccord)

I have always been a Honda man and now really have the itch to get this MDX. I love the look, and have been patiently waiting to get a new vehicle for several years. I was about to pull the trigger on a new Pilot in late 2019 and then Covid, and I haven't done anything about it. Then I saw this new MDX and like the look. I wasn't as enamored by the 2020 MDXs (felt too small). I might like the 2023 Pilot if the redesign looks similar to the 2022 MDX but I am also tired of waiting, and have decided that life is too short to keep waiting and waiting when I could be enjoying this vehicle. (I do still love driving the 2014 Accord V6 by the way, and the 2010 Odyssey is still working fine and great for family hauling but I can't say I get joy in owning it at this point)

I know the market sux right now and I am usually a tough negotiator but I think I need to recalibrate and assume that I'm not getting any real discounts here. What I won't do is pay a $10K premium above sticker though, but it seems most have been able to buy for sticker if they are willing to wait for delivery. Hopefully they will continue pumping out more of these.

Any advice from owners on the trim levels? I am guessing Honda is going to make it harder to find the base model and will probably be building more of the higher trims just because they know they will sell. For those of you who bought, do you think anything above base was "worth it" or should I try to find a base model so I can "get a deal" in my own mind financial-wise?

·
Super Moderator
2,150 Posts
just did a quick search on my dealer’s inventory. It has 4-5 base, 1 tech and 1 advance trims available. (In northern Virginia)

With all safety features and CarPlay standard on all trims, I would be fine with BASE trim. But you do get additional (nice) features on other trims.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
just did a quick search on my dealer’s inventory. It has 4-5 base, 1 tech and 1 advance trims available. (In northern Virginia)

With all safety features and CarPlay standard on all trims, I would be fine with BASE trim. But you do get additional (nice) features on other trims.
Thanks - yes I was thinking that coming from a 2010 Odyssey and 2014 Accord, even the Base will have plenty of stuff for me and maybe I can save a few bucks. I do want AWD for sure though. Glad to see that they are making some Base models. I only looked real quickly but it seemed that Advance was mostly what I saw in the pipeline here, but again I didn't do a long search

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
Hi all - I am new to the forum. I assume this is the "best" forum for MDX yes? (I am also a member at OdyClub and DriveAccord)

I have always been a Honda man and now really have the itch to get this MDX. I love the look, and have been patiently waiting to get a new vehicle for several years. I was about to pull the trigger on a new Pilot in late 2019 and then Covid, and I haven't done anything about it. Then I saw this new MDX and like the look. I wasn't as enamored by the 2020 MDXs (felt too small). I might like the 2023 Pilot if the redesign looks similar to the 2022 MDX but I am also tired of waiting, and have decided that life is too short to keep waiting and waiting when I could be enjoying this vehicle. (I do still love driving the 2014 Accord V6 by the way, and the 2010 Odyssey is still working fine and great for family hauling but I can't say I get joy in owning it at this point)

I know the market sux right now and I am usually a tough negotiator but I think I need to recalibrate and assume that I'm not getting any real discounts here. What I won't do is pay a $10K premium above sticker though, but it seems most have been able to buy for sticker if they are willing to wait for delivery. Hopefully they will continue pumping out more of these.

Any advice from owners on the trim levels? I am guessing Honda is going to make it harder to find the base model and will probably be building more of the higher trims just because they know they will sell. For those of you who bought, do you think anything above base was "worth it" or should I try to find a base model so I can "get a deal" in my own mind financial-wise?
I have the Advance which is called the Elite in Canada. I love it. My 2011 was a Tech and I regretted not buying the Elite for the whole time I owned the vehicle. The added features are worth it.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I keep my vehicles for a long time and take care of them, my last vehicle was a 16 year old Honda Ridgeline in exceptionally good shape for its age, I am hoping to get the same service and reliability from the new MDX if not better, A few thousand $$ in a long run don't make much of a difference to me, I am over 62 and plan on retiring in less than 3 years, I want to retire in a nice comfortable and reliable car :) so I went with the Platinum Elite (Advance) trim with the new 22 MDX, I love the 360 camera, heads up display and 16 speaker 3D sound system, hands free tailgate etc. to name a few, As a matter of fact I love everything about this vehicle so far :)

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I keep my vehicles for a long time and take care of them, my last vehicle was a 16 year old Honda Ridgeline in exceptionally good shape for its age, I am hoping to get the same service and reliability from the new MDX if not better, A few thousand $$ in a long run don't make much of a difference to me, I am over 62 and plan on retiring in less than 3 years, I want to retire in a nice comfortable and reliable car :) so I went with the Platinum Elite (Advance) trim with the new 22 MDX, I love the 360 camera, heads up display and 16 speaker 3D sound system, hands free tailgate etc. to name a few, As a matter of fact I love everything about this vehicle so far :)
Great to hear thanks!

I also keep mine a while (currently perfectly good 2014 Accord V6 which is a fun car to drive and 2010 Odyssey). I do as much DIY maintenance as I can too, which over the years has become pretty much everything except for timing belt job.

Looking forward to getting one of these. I may keep the Odyssey for the babysitter to drive though. The poor Odyssey has many scrapes and bruises from babysitters and given this will be my most expensive car purchase yet, I will be pretty bummed to find out she knocked a mirror off the MDX while driving kids to soccer haha! Also have teenage sons about to start driving so could also consider selling the Odyssey and getting a used CRV or something for them to drive around in high school.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts