Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Like so many before me, I would like to thank the person(s) that formed this site and all the contributing members. The information I have aquired here has been extremely valuable already (and I've read far more than I care to admit).

My MDX is scheduled to be built next month, and although I list numerous accessories, only the towing package will be dealer installed... the remainder will be purchased from Tim (a dealer who has obviously earned my support not only for his pricing, but his attention to this site and his own customer's concerns... besides, I feel I know him by first name without ever having spoken to him or purchased from him).

I ordered my MDX because I needed an SUV (Sport Utility Van). My fly fishing gear, skis, bikes, camp gear overwhelmed the hatch of my 1990 Acura Integra (10 yrs, 241K mi) and the current, and always temporary, Toyota Camry. I miss the Integra sport coupe and I found the MDX a credible "Sport" vehicle.

I made a number of purchase decisions based upon your comments, and intend to be a contributing member myself. I'm very happy to have stumbled across this site. Thank you.

Tight Lines,
David Jo

·
Registered
206 Posts
Welcome to the fold and congratulations. It would appear you make intelligent choices when it comes to your vehicle purchases. Good luck and don't forget to post pics.
All the best to you.

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
Hey David, welcome, nice to see another Minnesotan on the board! Where do you go fly fishing? I got myself outfitted over Christmas, and plan to pick it up this spring - sooner if the ice keeps acting like it has been.

Congrats, you're gonna love it! :)

·
Registered
6,531 Posts
Welcome aboard

David Jo said:
The information I have aquired here has been extremely valuable already (and I've read far more than I care to admit).
Knowledge is power:1:

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Hello David Jo and welcome! Glad you found us here.

You are right about Tim, he is top of the line! I visited MinnesoTA this summer; friendly people, beautiful, and so many lakes, you are lucky! Look forward to your posts & pix.

·
Registered
6,348 Posts
Welcome. I too am waiting anxiously for mine to be built. I am going nuts reading this forum daily and not being able to drive the MDX. I can't wait!!! I only hope I haven't set my expectations too high!

·
Registered
66 Posts
Welcome David Jo ! You'll love the car. Now if we can just get some snow around here we can appreciate it's all weather driving prowess! I just walked down Nicollet in a short sleeve shirt and felt toasty ... there's something to this global warming I think.

·
Registered
8,866 Posts
Welcome to the board. . . I was just in Minneapolis a few months ago. That Mall of America is enormous!

·
Registered
8,866 Posts
Here

Attachments

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thank you for the warm welcome!

laborlitigator- I hope your visit to the TwinCities included some of the cultural and environmental gems the metro has to offer, not just the "obese mall". Nearly 20 years of HR related work made me smile when I saw your tag. Thanks for the welcome.

Hey-Jude - So, what's your story? Not much info out there... other than you live in my backyard.

phins2rt - take a deep breath.

catzx6 - glad to here you enjoyed your trip to MN, I'm trying to get to the GA App Mts for some brook trout.

msu79gt82 - true!

ghost - sent a PM re: fly fishing

henry at work - seems we have a bit more in common with regard to vehicles

buhmabee - thanks

mdxxxx - wow, that was a quick response. BTW the interior does remind me of the Raiders... FYI Rich Gannon married the daughter/sister of friends (Billy "Boom Boom" Brown and son Scott, former, but long-time coworkers) So I like to think I can cheer for the Grey and Black.

·
Registered
10,544 Posts
Re: Thank you for the warm welcome!

David Jo said:
...mdxxxx - wow, that was a quick response. BTW the interior does remind me of the Raiders... FYI Rich Gannon married the daughter/sister of friends (Billy "Boom Boom" Brown and son Scott, former, but long-time coworkers) So I like to think I can cheer for the Grey and Black.
:D :29: The Raider Nation is large indeed! There is room for everyone... BTW, its 'Silver and Black':4:

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Ooopss! Silver and Black

My apologies... Silver and Black

I irratate cheeseheads by referring to the Packers colors as "yellow" and green, but I do that on purpose (apparently, it is supposed to be gold???). At least the Raiders are silver... only the MDX is grey so I'll have to make do.

·
Registered
10,544 Posts
Re: Ooopss! Silver and Black

David Jo said:
My apologies... Silver and Black

I irratate cheeseheads by referring to the Packers colors as "yellow" and green, but I do that on purpose (apparently, it is supposed to be gold???). At least the Raiders are silver... only the MDX is grey so I'll have to make do.
LOL! The Packers color looks yellow to me as well. I guess I learn something every day. Anyway, SBP, along with GG is close enough to SS...:D

1 - 15 of 15 Posts