Acura MDX SUV Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, I just wanted to introduce myself. Last year I upgraded my Toyota RAV4 for a 2015 Acura MDX SH-AWD Advanced Navi. We had a small tent trailer 1800 lbs which the Acura pulled it beautifully. I am in love with this SUV. I just wish it could tow more. Looking forward to hearing from anyone who tow’s a 3500-4000 lb camper short distances 100-200 kms and any upgrades to ensure that journey with the camper is safe. Thanks - —Adam.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Hey Dam, I put a OEM Hitch on my 2019 MDX. The Hitch itself takes it to 3500 capacity but if you add the OEM Transmission Cooler and tow controller which is already factory wired for one, it takes it to a 5000 lb capacity.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey everyone, I just wanted to introduce myself. Last year I upgraded my Toyota RAV4 for a 2015 Acura MDX SH-AWD Advanced Navi. We had a small tent trailer 1800 lbs which the Acura pulled it beautifully. I am in love with this SUV. I just wish it could tow more. Looking forward to hearing from anyone who tow’s a 3500-4000 lb camper short distances 100-200 kms and any upgrades to ensure that journey with the camper is safe. Thanks - —Adam.
Hey Dam, I put a OEM Hitch on my 2019 MDX. The Hitch itself takes it to 3500 capacity but if you add the OEM Transmission Cooler and tow controller which is already factory wired for one, it takes it to a 5000 lb capacity.
Yes, this has factory tow package and I ordered the ATF cooler from Acura in Florida to place it near the front grill. I plan on buying a weight distribution hitch and have my family drive in another car with stuff so that I can tow as close to dry weight as possible. Wondering if anyone else changed brakes or suspension?

·
Super Moderator
2,150 Posts
Welcome!!

·
Registered
3,812 Posts
Nice upgrade! The sh-awd will come in handy for those Canadian winters and work equally as well for the summer. My in-laws have a 2014 Rav4 and they are not too happy with it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts