Acura MDX SUV Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all! I have been a member of Acurazine for several years and heard about this group and decided to join. I just leased my 3rd Acura on 9/3/21 I had a 2019 Acura MDX SH-AWD Tech (lease up Christmas 2022) and had $7k in trade equity with my dealer. Combined with the Loyalty cash, I was able to trade up to the 2022 Acura MDX ADVANCE for basically the same payment as my 2019. I am super excited about it and it drives and handles so much different than my 2019. I am hoping to learn from you all here! I have already tinted the two front windows (20%) am also considering ceramic coating. I would love some opinions!
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Automotive tire
Car Vehicle Motor vehicle Gear shift Car seat cover

Reactions: datechboss101

·
Registered
3,684 Posts
Congrats on the new ride! The Adv models have always been my pic being a tech head.

Now would be the time for ceramic coating because black is probably the hardest color to keep clean and scratch free. I did a combo of Paint Protective Film and ceramic coating on my 19 MDX Fathom Blue Pearl MDX about 2 1/2 years ago and it's still working today.

Suntek Ultra PPF: entire hood, entire front fenders, front bumper, LEDs, side mirrors, either side of front windshield on painted pillars, and custom strip on back bumper.
Exoshield PPF on front windshield
CQuarz Finest ceramic coating: entire painted surfaces, on top of PPF, and all exterior windows
Ceramic Pro: on all interior surfaces and gloss black Berlina rims

You really have to shop around for the best price and if your MDX will need to be prepped with color correction or any touch-ups before hand. Having pristine paint will ensure you lock that in with ceramic coating or Paint Protective Film.

The major downside with ceramic coating is it can scratch easier than clear coat if you don't take care of it. Ceramic coat require touchless car washes if you can't hand wash yourself. Even with hand washing, it helps to use the two bucket method, foam cannon, microfiber wash mitts, ceramic soaps, and microfiber drying towels to ensure you don't scratch the coating.

Paint Protective Film is way more durable, some are self healing in the sun if you get minor scratches, car wash friendly, can be hydrophobic to bead water better for cleaner look, provides UV protection for paint and LED headlights, and will help with road rash/ small rock strikes.

Prices are regional for ceramic or PPF and warranties can vary from 1 year to lifetime if you DYI or have either professionally installed.

Reactions: MDX_Girl

·
Super Moderator
2,110 Posts
Congrats and welcome.

Reactions: MDX_Girl

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello all! I have been a member of Acurazine for several years and heard about this group and decided to join. I just leased my 3rd Acura on 9/3/21 I had a 2019 Acura MDX SH-AWD Tech (lease up Christmas 2022) and had $7k in trade equity with my dealer. Combined with the Loyalty cash, I was able to trade up to the 2022 Acura MDX ADVANCE for basically the same payment as my 2019. I am super excited about it and it drives and handles so much different than my 2019. I am hoping to learn from you all here! I have already tinted the two front windows (20%) am also considering ceramic coating. I would love some opinions! View attachment 118132 View attachment 118133
Congratulations..Welcome !

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Hello all! I have been a member of Acurazine for several years and heard about this group and decided to join. I just leased my 3rd Acura on 9/3/21 I had a 2019 Acura MDX SH-AWD Tech (lease up Christmas 2022) and had $7k in trade equity with my dealer. Combined with the Loyalty cash, I was able to trade up to the 2022 Acura MDX ADVANCE for basically the same payment as my 2019. I am super excited about it and it drives and handles so much different than my 2019. I am hoping to learn from you all here! I have already tinted the two front windows (20%) am also considering ceramic coating. I would love some opinions! View attachment 118132 View attachment 118133
What a beauty!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts