Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all - new MDXer in the Seattle area (west of Seattle actually). We just picked up a '19 SH-AWD that will primarily be used as a tow vehicle for a small travel trailer. I have all of the Acura OEM parts for the hitch, wiring, trans cooler, trailer brake controller, etc., and will be starting those installs this morning. I'm looking forward to good info and tips/pointers from the community.

Cheers!

Chris

·
Registered
79 Posts
Hello all - new MDXer in the Seattle area (west of Seattle actually). We just picked up a '19 SH-AWD that will primarily be used as a tow vehicle for a small travel trailer. I have all of the Acura OEM parts for the hitch, wiring, trans cooler, trailer brake controller, etc., and will be starting those installs this morning. I'm looking forward to good info and tips/pointers from the community.

Cheers!

Chris
Welcome Chris,

We use our MDX (2011) as a tow vehicle as well as our main every day vehicle. It has worked great as a TV and actually about 1 year ago traveled from Ohio to west coast (Pacific City to The Redwoods) and back towing our Airstream. Had a great trip!

Safe Travels!

Steve

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hitch and rear portion of the wiring harness is in. Install was pretty straightforward...the only part that was tough at all was getting my wife to help me lift the hitch into place while I started the bolts :)

It was definitely worth it to chase the threads in the bolt holes prior to lifting the hitch into place (as some have suggested). While it's still "brand new" (~350 miles), there was a little grit and debris in all six bolt holes that made the first installation of each bolt tougher. After I chased them out they went back in super easy. I'll come back later and put blue thread-locker on each bolt, definitely before we actually tow anything.

I gotta say, the OEM hitch and rear valance panel look great. Almost like they're supposed to be there :)

Chris

1 - 3 of 3 Posts