Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will pick up the new X in next 10-14 days. Winter has arrived here in the northeast. Any suggestions about how to get the Zaino-thing started? Do I need to find a heated garage fo a day?

Thanks in advance.
Rick:mblah:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Exactly how cold has it been? Ideally, a heated garage would be best, but it's not absolutely necessary as long as the temps are not TOO extreme. You can apply Z in relatively cold weather....it'll just take much longer to dry. If the temperature is around 35-40 degrees and you do a good job of applying Z-1 & Z-2/Z-5 extremely thin, it will take around 3 hours to dry. According to Sal, "First time Zaino users always tend to apply way too much Z-1 and Z-2 or Z-5.... This is very common problem and will dramatically increase the drying time of Zaino... All Zaino products are exremely concentrated and must be used sparingly.. Remember Less is Better... :)."

Just be sure to wait till the product is completely dry before buffing....even if it means leaving it on overnight (garaged, of course).

Give it a shot and let us know how it goes!!

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
I applied mine in 50 degree weather. Not cold but not warm. I would recommend ZFX. It cuts time down considerably. Could not imagine leaving a wax overnight to cure. My first waxing dried in 30-40 minutes. Infact by the time I worked my way around the vehicle it was ready to be "buffed" off. Unfortuantely arm needed a rest so it dried for about an hour.

·
Registered
207 Posts
I'm suffering through these COLD N.E. temps, too...like 20s and 30s. I have a feeling that's too cold to Zaino the X, right? Guess I'll just have to wait until it gets warmer (yeah right, in New England?!). My garage is attached to the house, but it's not as warm as I'd like.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks, all for your input. My new X somes next week...my dealer has actually offered to Zaino for me prior to delivery....I'm not sure I want to entrust my supply to an inexperienced Zaino person(which I certainly am!). Also, the dealer I plan to get the clearbra product from has offered to Zaino me for $75 in his heated garage.
Thoughts? As to Mauigirl...I've thought of getting a little space heater to get the temp closer to where it needs to be.
Thanks,
Rick

1 - 6 of 6 Posts