Acura MDX SUV Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi:
Just purchased a 2015 MDX w/technology. I am a senior citizen and have read a lot of great things about this SUV especially in the area of safety which is important to me.
I need to ask a question. I noticed this car seems to have some kind of hesitation upon acceleration. I was told by the salesman that this is common
for these cars as that is how it was engineered. Anyway, just curious if that is the case, if not could you elaborate.
Thanks
:)

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
I have a 2010 MDX.....and trust me there is no hesitation.
Just to play devils advocate, the 2010 uses a different engine, and different throttle/transmission programming compared to the 2015.

I'm not saying the OP does or does not have an issue. Personally, I find the description far too vague, and know peoples perceptions to be too unique to provide any diagnosis for that, online.

I'd suggest going to an Acura dealer that has another used 2014-2015 model for sale, and test drive it. If it's the same, then problem solved. If it's not the same, then have the service department look at it. And you've got an example vehicle to show them :)

·
Registered
190 Posts
I stand to be corrected....but if any car is giving you hesitations.....you got a problem of some sort. Best to get it checked out before it hesitates in front of a truck.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.