Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Happy Saturday, Y'all.

Recently picked up an '04 MDX Touring. It has a lot more miles on it than I would normally consider buying a car with (263,000), but was advised that with the newly replaced transmission and timing belt combined with regular maintenance, this vehicle should last me a while yet with continued maintenance. Of course, within a week, my wife has already defaced the back with flower and other girly stickers, and yet won't let me put one of my own on it... (She's also the one who took the picture of the MDX and put hearts on it.) Whatever...

Anywho, I'm from Kansas, transplanted to UT just over a decade ago. Been working on cars for over 30 years now and when it's not a critical necessity, I really enjoy it. I rarely use new parts, though. I find that especially when working a job I haven't done before, pulling the replacement part from the junkyard allows me to make mistakes to learn from so I don't tear up my own vehicle. My current project is a broken rear driver-side window regulator. Fun stuff.

Professionally, I'm a support engineer for Dell EMC. The wife and I also homeschool 5 or our combined 8 kids and since I work from home half the time, I teach technology classes. If I ever have free time, I play some video games, hunt, fish and conquer third-world nations.

Attachments

·
Registered
286 Posts
Hey there. Also a fellow 2004 MDX owner. Maybe it's me but I kind of like those heart graphics on the photo. Not sure about girly stickers on the car though. I also fish and I shoot regularly (skeet/trap and field target). Congrats on the 8 kids. I got only three myself and as a single dad it is a joy and blessing to raise them.

I had to reread your post twice regarding those numbers and did a conversion. That is like 420,000 kilometers which is incredible on any car!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
278 Posts
Very awesome and welcome aboard. I also work in a similar field of IT at an insurance company. I picked up an 05 mdx back in September with a few small issues so corrected those and trying to help out other owners with what I've learned.

It's good advice on pulling parts yourself. Too bad the pick a part lots out here are like an hour drive or I'd go there more often.

So far It's the most reliable vehicle I've had in a while other then my 04 passat that I've had since 2013.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts