Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a 2005 MDX with Navi. with 140K mi. I just love this car best car I have ever owned. super comfortable and very smooth. paid $7k for it. I love the green. I had an aftermarket hitch but I added a AFT cooler.

So far I have fixed the TPMS ECU (I had a factory bad one part of the TSB), put some new shocks on the rear, did a valve adjustment, new plugs, New PCV valve, new rear control arms, changed all the fluids, fixed a broken wire for the backup camera,

next up is all new bulbs inside (some are burnt out) new front struts and steering rack bushings. (&alignment kit).

I am also looking to make my own LED tail lights and convert my front lights to HID low beam/ High beam LED and LED fog lights.

I also have been looking into getting Powerstop front and rear Brake kit Z23 and SS brake line kit.

So far this had been a great SUV and works great in the snow/ mud. I test drove the pilot and I gotta say this is head and shoulders above the pilot (04-07 is what I was looking for price wise). I love the wheels and bigger brakes.

Attachments

·
Registered
9 Posts
I was looking at the Pilots myself and then saw that the MDX was about the same price. I ended up getting an 07. That was a shocker to me...

·
Registered
278 Posts
Very nice, I have an 05. I have the morimoto HID 5500k low beams, they are great kit. I still have to install the atf cooler and will be doing that soon. I also recommend replacing all exterior bulbs, brake lights, corner markers, top mounted brake light. They are a million times brighter after replacing them and look pretty sweet in the clear fixture, one of the nicest looking tail lights that go horizontally. You can try led too but they actually looked darker when I switched one side, maybe it was just not a good brand.

I see many people switch to led interior lights but am not a fan as they are too bright and annoying at night, but that's personal preference :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts