Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently got a 2012 CPO Acura MDX Advance from Boardwalk Acura for my wife. It's a beautiful car and my wife is very happy..

Just had a warranty question though. The dealer tried to pitch us a 3rd Party warranty from a company called JM&A. However, we wanted to go with the AcuraCare wraparound which is good through the end of 2020 (8 years from 2012). Since it was a 2012 and the original warranty expired, we had to get it then and there or else we couldn't buy it (verified by Curry Acura). Boardwalk Acura knew this and we paid more than I would've liked at $1,850. They would not budge on the price. Anyway, we got the Acura Care booklet and cards in the mail recently.

But then the dealer calls us back and says we have to sign something.*They say we have to sign a Driver's Need Analysis (which I thought we signed). But it has the JM&A warranty along with the price we paid for the Acura Care and they said we need to sign that so they could register the vehicle. They said they couldn't change the wording of the JM&A on the paperwork since it was 2012 but that we would get the Acura Care. It was like this when we initially signed as well.*

So I wanted to know if this is legit. If we already purchased the Acura Care and got the cards, are they trying to get us to sign for the JM&A warranty instead (which we don't want). Again they are saying they need this signed otherwise they can't register the card.*

Let me know what you think guys. Thanks in advance!*

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
I purchased my Acura Care online with Curry Acura and I live in NM. I never had to show my card or policy number for issues because it shows up when the dealership brings up my VIN.

This seems like a question for the Acura Care warranty folks to answer (about the 3rd party JM&A and if you are 100% in the system). It sounds like you are 100% with Acura Care; but, it is hard to tell how your dealership will deal with Acura Care issues since they seem to be in bed with the JM&A folks? Not sure why you need to sign anything related to JM&A warranty info on it if you declined it and you went with Acura Care?

Are the cards and policy number Acura Care or are they any JM&A information like name or second policy number? That might make a difference if you trade in the MDX and want a refund on the rest of the policy, what items are covered, warranty work at non Acura dealerships, or even if you need warranty work at another dealership.

Reactions: SSjTrunks112O

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply. Yeah I got a Acura Care brochure mailed to me with warranty cards. I just find it weird that they need me to sign that for my registration to go through. I will call Acura Care up tomorrow.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts