Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A rep from Acura corporate personally called me yesterday and informed me that pre-orders are being taken for the new MDX accessories coming out within a month. Prices listed are the prices I'll be charging, significantly off list price of course :)

Luggage Basket 305.50
Rooftop Box 258.70 (free shipping is up in the air till I see how big it is)
Hitch mounted bicycle carrier 146.90

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
Are they on the site? Any pics?

·
Registered
237 Posts
Tim

Pictures Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease:2:

·
Registered
125 Posts
Yippe !!

I have been holding off (tossed and turned at night) from getting a roof-top cargo box from Thule or Yamika = too pricy. Looks like my time may finally be here.
Picture pleaseeeeee......

·
Registered
928 Posts
I'd really like to see what the hell is this luggage basket made of that it costs over 300 bucks!!!! :eek: (especially, given Tim's discount)

·
Registered
747 Posts
My thoughts exactly Glok! Can't be a simple separation tray made of polyvinyl, etc. Must be gold plated or at least made of heavy plastic or something...

·
Premium Member
5,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
No, the luggage basket is roof rack mounted. It's like an open-top carrier for luggage, etc, and has a top net to secure items in place.

·
Registered
728 Posts
Luggage Box

No, the luggage basket is roof rack mounted. It's like an open-top carrier for luggage, etc, and has a top net to secure items in place

I guess this item will only be for southern California MDXers or those that live in the desert. A net wouldn't keep much rain out.

Mark

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
I think many people use the basket as a way to put a soft-sided carrier on top (given the lack of flexibility with the roof rack) thereby avoiding the need for a box carrier (which is also now being offered) - it may not be for everybody but I can see some use for it. I think Thule and Yakima sell similar items (in fact, it's probably made by Thule).

·
Super Moderator
4,592 Posts
OHH Bike carrier, question is how many bikes does it hold? 3 or 2.
It would be cool to have the luggage rack. I like to put my baby's stroller on the roof when I use the third row.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
A2MDXer said:
I think many people use the basket as a way to put a soft-sided carrier on top (given the lack of flexibility with the roof rack) thereby avoiding the need for a box carrier (which is also now being offered) - it may not be for everybody but I can see some use for it. I think Thule and Yakima sell similar items (in fact, it's probably made by Thule).
If the basket is what I think it is, then there are similar units made by Yakima. Two different size baskets are available: Load Warrior and Mega Warrior .

Because these baskets' front and rear tubes are the same diameter as Yakima cross bars, they can be used to attach Yakima accessories to carry bikes, skis, etc. The only downside, instaling the basket and gear attachments significantly increases loading height, making it very difficult to load gear, especially for those who are vertically-challenged.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Test Pilot

Hey Tim,

I asked you about the box about a month back. If you need anyone for a test pilot - let me know, I will give you some awesome pics and feedback on the box. I know it is expensive, maybe we can work something out.

Looking forward to it :)

Mush

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
roof rack luggage mounted? hmm.. I guess I won't able to put too many luggage up there. :(

each of my luggage for international flight will be around 60~70 lbs.. and the roof luggage should weight no more than 100lbs. :confused:

·
Registered
54 Posts
Tim: Other then wanting to see the pictures, I have a question on the Box. Since the roof rack spacing is different between 2001/02 (don't know abotu 03), will it fit 2001?

If it does, you can probably count me in for one.:)

·
Registered
671 Posts
I need to see the box and basket --- pics, pleeeeeeeese

·
Registered
150 Posts
Someone mentioned the luggage rack might look like the Load Warrior. I've posted some pictures of a Load Warrior on my MDX and some issues with the install. I guess I should have posted it in the Accessories forum instead of Galleries.

Black MDX with Yakima Load Warrior

·
Premium Member
5,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Only thing I have so far is a really bad fax copy, not even worth trying to scan in. Word is that nothing will be released until mid to late November, if I haven't stated that before.

·
Registered
125 Posts
A little bit more please .....

Tim,
Can you tell from the fax if the Rooftop Box is a long one - carries skis, snowboard, etc; or a short one (like the Yakima Space Cadet) - mainly for cargo, strollers, etc.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts