Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

new lease (is this good)

1K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  mjhorwitz 
#1 ·
well i called up fountain acura in orlando, and let them know i was interested in the mdx touring and navi. i asked for spoiler and sidestep as well, but not sure if that was included in this price. let me know if this is good. I have 5 months left on my cls and asked to get out of it. the internet manager emailed me back with this deal. he took my 5 payments, then discounted the truck by 1000, and then added 1st month, tag and others, 15 thou miles. the total monthly was 650 plus tax, which is 689 for 48 months and no money down from me. let me know how good it is. i hope he got the right SUV, with touring and navi, and sidestep and spoiler.
wg

#2 ·
come on 8 looks and no one knows if its good or not. please let me know.
wg

#3 ·
Hi URIRx98:

___That sounds a bit high although I am not a lease kind of guy myself. The 5 months picked up on your CL is what skews the deal since I don’t know what that is really worth? The dealer may take it off your hands and sell it with that fewer miles and that many fewer months but again, I have no idea how your lease works.

___As for the X, I believe I have seen lease numbers in the low $500’s posted around the board. At around $700/month, you can practically buy that X w/ a low interest 5-Yr. term and if so, $689.00 sounds real high given you have to turn in the keys at the end of the 4-Yr’s. when the X should still be worth ~ $25 - $30K or thereabouts.

___Good Luck

___Wayne R. Gerdes
___Hunt Club Farms Landscaping Ltd.
___Waynegerdes@earthlink.net

#4 ·
i agreee its a little high, and thats why i was concerned. my lease is 39 months, and at almost 500 a month for 5 months, it is adding 1500 to the price of the car, after the 1000 discount. they are also doing a no money down deal so that also adds to the montly payment, and that 689 is after tax, its 650+ tax. i bet the car can bought for roughly 800 and i did the math, after 4 years, at 689 . i would have spend 33 grand and nothing to show for it. sucks huh. i asked them about a shiorted lease and what bank and money ration they are using, but ofcourse my car is killing the deal. its adding at least 90 bucks to the lease. i want out of my car, cant stand it anymore.
wg

#5 ·
UR- We're in the same boat. But if you really want to save some money, I suggest you wait. I'm sick and tired of my leased car but I'm not going to trade it in until the last day of the lease.

Why you ask? Because you dont have to worry about your present car screwing up the new lease, you will get a 2004 X if you wait till your lease is up, AND most importantly I think the price of the X will be more negotiable later this year due to competition from Lexus, Nissan, and Volvo.

When your lease is up you'll be able to get a 2004 X with touring and navi on a 48 month lease for around $550/month nothing down.

I think thats worth driving my current car for another six months.

#6 ·
UR. Don't complicate things for yourself. Wait out the 5 months, then get the 2003 MDX. Perhaps by then you can EASILY negotiate $1000 off the price (well, not if you're in the Northeast you can't, but you're not, so...) :4:

#7 ·
yeh i know it wuld be easier to wait, i just cant stand my cl-s anymore/. i am askin them about a purchase price on the car, including my car. ill wait till they send me the price and loan for 60 months. ill let u know.
wg

#8 ·
Hi URIRx98:

You didn't say what your CL-S payments are. If they are $500, then you can figure Fountain added $2500 to the cap cost of the MDX lease. If the $1000 discount is offset by the side steps and spoiler, you have a $43,500 sale price ($41,000 + $2500). Using Acura.com's lease calculator on an MDX Touring nav for 48 months at 15000 miles per year, with a sales price of $43,500, comes out to $631.49 per month before taxes, tags and fees. If you're not giving them any money (sign and drive), that could easily account for their $650. Sounds like a discounted MDX to me!

If you buy the MDX, the Florida 6% tax, tags and fees could be over $2500, bring the total financed up to $46,000. At 5% for 60 months that comes out to $868 (again with no money down).

The $179 you save the first 48 months = $8592
The $868 you don't spend months 49-60 = $10416
Total you don't spend on the lease that you do spend on the loan=$19,000..........Probably close to the residual that you can buy it for at lease end.

As others have said, the best advise might be to wait for the CL-S lease to mature. If that doesn't work, the lease seems a good deal.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.