Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm wondering which insurance company's our New Jersey members are using and how much they are paying. I am shopping around and am getting quoted in the range of $2300/annually for an "X"

HELP PLEASE!! :3: :3:

·
Registered
763 Posts
I know that a lot of insurance companies pulled out of NJ because of the really dumb moves by local politicians.

I also keep hearing that NJ has "the highest rates in the nation".
REALLY??? :mad: How come then my premium is at least 30% higher after all possible discounts?!?!?

To answer your question, have you tried Costco/Amex insurance? There is a link to it on costco.com web site (you need to be a member). Not sure 100% but I think they still do business in NJ

·
Registered
254 Posts
Yaron2

It doesn't seem possible that your insurance can be that high. I'm paying almost exactly 1/2 of that in NJ. I am using Allstate. Maybe you should try them. I think if you're over 25, you should be OK there. My guess is you have points on your license or accidents on your record. My experience in NJ is that the rates don't vary much according to your carrier. Ask the agent to explain why it's so high.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I am over 25 and have no accidents or points on my record. They advised me that since I have had insurance for less than three (3) years .... I am on a higher tier level than others .... I'll try Allstate ....any other suggestions???

·
Registered
254 Posts
Yaron2

Maybe that 3 year rule is not true for all companies. I would talk 5 or 6 companies to see if you get the same story. Like I said, mine under 1100. That seems like a stiff penalty. Ask them what they would charge you if you had more than 3 years' history. It would be interesting to see what that number is. Good Luck.

·
Registered
18 Posts
State Farm Insurance

Hi,
I currently have State Farm and the full coverage is about $738.34/6mos. So it is about $1476.68.

Just a reminder though, that I have 4 vehicles insured and I am over 30. I hope this helps.

Also try AIG and Liberty Mutual, these two are suppose to be the lowest in NJ.

Erwin :4:

·
Registered
19 Posts
Insurance

Try AIG....
Full coverage
Bodily injury Per person/accident 300,000
Property damage 100,000
Medical Expenses $ 250 deductable 250,000

$ 522/6 months

·
Registered
86 Posts
I also have AIG and it's about $1400 / year($700+ /6mo, sorry do not remember exact number since I have multi-car policy). All discount included. ... Hm-hm, possibly not all, since DrX has it(terms he mentioned are pretty much same) for almost 50% less ...
Also about 'highest rates", - in my opinion it's state-wide comparison. It's obvious that vip9 is upset by his rates, but NYC, being the Capitol of the World, not whole NY and, I guess, everywhere else in NY rates are much lower.

·
Registered
106 Posts
NJ Cure

If you and everyone in your household have excellent driving record, try NJ Cure. It is a non-profit insurance company. The rate is quite reasonable, but do expect to pay an additional few hundred dollars of premium above the insurance rate. In the end, it may or may not be cheaper than other insurance. But you can get a quote on line easily to compare and make your decision.

http://njcure.com/

1 - 9 of 9 Posts