Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,218 Posts
Soichiro Honda said:
I think Honda was able to pull it off quite well... What do you think about it?
This is purely subjective opinion, but you asked what I thought about it. So here goes.

If that is a standard, available color scheme, that will be one of the butt-ugliest vehicles out there. Fits somewhere between the ML320 and the Pontiac Aztek in the SUV/pseudo-SUV beauty scale.

I don't buy the concept that this is Honda being more aggressive from their usual conservative styling. There's being aggressive, and then there's being foolhardy.

·
Registered
619 Posts
calling it butt-ugly is being nice. That thing is down right puke producing. it reminds me of the box on wheels. yuck!! why the hell is Honda putting the CRV engine in a vehicle and charging less for it. I doubt honda can pull this one off.

wtf?:rolleyes:

·
Registered
214 Posts
I don't think it's that bad. I think the interior looks really cool. For the right price it looks like a nice second car.

·
Super Moderator
4,592 Posts
Personally to me it looks like them ugly K cars in Japan just updated. Thin Boxy and tall, reminds me of a bread box.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Speaking as a designer, I think it's a major success. The upper half of the vehicle, in particular, is brilliant, with the arched and complex roofline against the straight window edges and the consistent truncated corners on the windows. The door handle thing is great. The car-friendly bumper height (a la the Saturn VUE) is a good idea and well executed.

This comes from the same general design aesthetic as the Smart Car and the new Mini Cooper. Maybe it isn't something I would personally buy, but it's excellent. The only obvious "misses" I can see are the somewhat heavy-looking back end and the cheap-looking dashboard. (I guess the latter is expected from a car starting at $16,000)

I can't believe they're going to sell this in the US, though. Americans aren't going to "get" it. It has Europe (and particular Scandinavia) written all over it.

Z

1 - 7 of 7 Posts