Acura MDX SUV Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2022 GMC Yukon Denali, 2021 Volvo XC90 Inscription
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thought I’d introduce myself and keep updating this as it progresses right here.

I have a 2022 Yukon Denali that I’m trading in for a 2023 MDX A-Spec. Dealer already had allocation for it, just waiting for it to be built the beginning of July so I put down a $500 refundable deposit and agreed on a sale of MSRP.

Anyways, happy to be here. It’s been awhile since my 13 Advance.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah it has 2,800 miles on it. Because it’s worth $10k more than I paid for it and it’s been nothing but problems.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I almost got a Yukon but decide to go with the MDX, what are the major problem with your Yukon
The auto headlight sensor turns the headlights on in direct sunlight. When pulling under shade they will turn back off. Both front door speaker grills rattle terribly driving down the road. The alignment was off, after having the alignment fixed the Yukon wondered and was terrible to drive on the highway. I’m now on my third alignment and it’s better but somehow they can’t manage to set the steering wheel straight. At 1,800 miles traveling in a rural area the vehicle died. Had to be towed. All lifters had to be replaced. Now it has an engine rattle on hard acceleration. Not to mention every issue I’ve had has been an argument with the service advisor. They are difficult as possible and the service is terrible.

I had a 2021 Q7 before, a 19 Q7 before that and a 17 Range Rover before them. I’m taking my personal finances in a different direction and hope to have good luck with the MDX reliability wise and look forward to having a sub $60k vehicle.

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Welcome to the forum, and welcome back to MDX. I had a couple of Yukons (1996 and 2001) and tried a used 2001 MDX Touring in about 2004 to see how I liked it. Now on my fifth MDX. IMO, best value for the money in the SUV market.

Reactions: sickk23

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you! Yes, I’ve always seen the MDX as a well engineered good bang for your buck premium vehicle. I was very interested in the Type S but it’s excessive for what I need at the moment. Really looking forward to my MDX going into production!

·
Registered
47 Posts
The auto headlight sensor turns the headlights on in direct sunlight. When pulling under shade they will turn back off. Both front door speaker grills rattle terribly driving down the road. The alignment was off, after having the alignment fixed the Yukon wondered and was terrible to drive on the highway. I’m now on my third alignment and it’s better but somehow they can’t manage to set the steering wheel straight. At 1,800 miles traveling in a rural area the vehicle died. Had to be towed. All lifters had to be replaced. Now it has an engine rattle on hard acceleration. Not to mention every issue I’ve had has been an argument with the service advisor. They are difficult as possible and the service is terrible.

I had a 2021 Q7 before, a 19 Q7 before that and a 17 Range Rover before them. I’m taking my personal finances in a different direction and hope to have good luck with the MDX reliability wise and look forward to having a sub $60k vehicle.
I see nothing has changed in the GM world,
Welcome to MDX

1 - 8 of 8 Posts