Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, this is my first Acura,( I have never owned anything made by The Honda corporation) I bought 2007 with 156000 as a second ride so far I really like the machine. :grin:

·
Registered
3,338 Posts
Congratulations and Welcome to the Dark Side!
I hope you did some research on that specific model because we have a dreaded Bluetooth unit that likes to die every now and then and kill your battery?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes have been doing lots of research just not on that subject, so far I have no issue with the BT unit. Just not happy with the way it shifts, done a drain an fill, its better not perfect. But I am finding out these machines have a different tranny in them, I have owned mostly GM, and now a Mazda too. But I will look into that problem too. Thanks

·
Registered
286 Posts
You may also want to check the AC clutch fan relay in the fusebox under the hood. With AC use, a faulty one can drain your battery. If it is made by Omron, change it out to this other brand (Misuva or something like that, made in Vietnam). My daughter did it for me last weekend, and actually I realized it fixed a problem I wasn't quite sure I had because earlier this month, I used the AC and it wasn't very cold at all. After swapping out the relay, it is super cold, so the relay was failing in some way, and I thank fellow member Northof49 here for pointing it out and probably saving me a dead battery down the road.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts