Acura MDX SUV Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Motor vehicle

I’ve been using this forum for weeks without joining while researching a potential mdx purchase. All the great info here led me to purchase a ‘17 sh-awd advance package over the Lexus GX460 I was considering as well.
I work for a radiator/heat transfer company that sells to radiator shops and heavy truck dealerships so I travel A LOT. To give you an idea of the miles I drive, I traded a ‘21 Outback onyx XT for the MDX and I had 72k on the Subaru. I absolutely loved the Outback but I was beginning to question the reliability of it. The mdx I’m picking up in a couple of days from Grubbs Acura in Grapevine, TX is a black copper pearl with the espresso interior with the captain chairs and 71k on the clock. I carry a mountain bike inside my vehicle with me everywhere and I frequently car camp so I hope this interior holds up well to abuse. I may remove one of the captains chairs and maybe the console and build a sleep platform for the back. Anyway, it’s good to be here and good to be part of the Acura family again. I used to own a tsx sport wagon that I loved btw…
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Automotive tail & brake light

·
Super Moderator
2,271 Posts
Congrats and welcome.

Reactions: Nohawkscott

·
Registered
4,298 Posts
Congrats on the purchase! The MDX can run all day on the hwy. I just came back on a +4500 mile round-trip to the PNM from NM in my 19 MDX. It was very comfy and handle the snow, rain, icy roads with sh-awd. I was a previous 06 TSX owner. Love my TSX; but, sometimes hated the 205hp 2.4L when I needed some passing power at the posted 70-75 mph living +5000 feet in NM.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Congrats on the purchase! The MDX can run all day on the hwy. I just came back on a +4500 mile round-trip to the PNM from NM in my 19 MDX. It was very comfy and handle the snow, rain, icy roads with sh-awd. I was a previous 06 TSX owner. Love my TSX; but, sometimes hated the 205hp 2.4L when I needed some passing power at the posted 70-75 mph living +5000 feet in NM.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks mrgold
I have no doubt the MDX will excel on the highway. The test drives I did confirmed that. Extremely quiet and I seemed to like the heavier steering weight in sport mode too. I feel I may spend the most time in this setting. It’s a shame that the turbo’d outback had such a crappy, weak transmission because it was a great highway cruiser with extremely impressive acceleration. My territory includes NM and I’ll be out in Farmington in February. Perhaps I’ll put the sh-awd to the test soon. I understand it’s a great system even compared to Subaru awd. And your right about the 2.4 in the TSX. It was pretty weak at sea level!

·
Registered
4,298 Posts
Very nice drive in Northern New Mexico to the Farmington area. I just did that drive before Xmas as I headed to Moab to check out Arches/Canyonland (under 200 miles from Farmington, NM). Worth the drive to see those sights if you like that kinda thing. Those parks are not bike friendly and you would probably hold up traffic or get hit in the back from a side mirror on a Cruise America rented RV camper.

Sedona and Grand Canyon is only about 250 miles from Farmington, NM. Both of those areas are extremely bike friendly. The wife and I took our bikes to both and did around 50 miles total over serval days riding the paved paths up/down along the South rim of GC. It was nice to ride to spot that didn't have 150 tourist in the background of your pictures. There are also tons of paved and unpaved areas to ride in bike friendly Sedona, AZ, just south of Flagstaff.

Arches Dec/21:

Sky Mountain Nature Natural environment Natural landscape

Canyonland Dec/21:
Sky Natural landscape Bedrock Mountain Terrain

Picture break in Sedona with my 4" fat tire bike, Nov/16:
Sky Mountain Plant Plant community Natural landscape

·
Registered
'08 MDX SH-AWD
39 Posts
Welcome, from the Tulsa, OK area. Lots of good information here, as you have learned.
2008 SH-AWD full entertainment package, 190k+, bought used with 120k+ on it.

Reactions: Nohawkscott
1 - 7 of 7 Posts