Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
At the risk of sounding like some kind of MDX-snob (hey, if the shoe fits...), this past week has definitely given me a new found appreciation for my MDX. I'm out in San Francisco & Silicon Valley this week for a trade-show, and upon flying into SF last week, I was upgraded to a Chevy Blazer. First of all, the ride to San Jose (which is only maybe 40 minutes) was a real eye-opener. I'm just shy of 5'4, but no matter how hard I tried, I could not get comfortable in the drivers seat. My legs hurt so bad by the time I got to SJ. In addition, I had truly forgotten how wide the MDX is...I felt so cramped in the Blazer. It was really strange feeling.

To make matters worse, one of my colleagues also got put in a Blazer. We and 3 others spent all day today in Napa Valley using it--- with me in the back with 2 others. I cannot stress enough how bad my lower back hurts. The ride back into SF was excruciatingly painful--- I was almost in tears everytime we hit a traffic jam because it was prolonging the pain! I'm gonna have to sleep funny tonite just to try to alleviate it.

Between the back problems and the fact that the Blazer sounds like a Mack truck, I will probably kiss my MDX when I get off the plane back home Wednesday :10:

OK, I'm done...just had to vent to people who I knew would understand!

Dana

-- on another note, I hate I missed the NE meet this weekend!

·
Registered
56 Posts
Talk about appreciation!! I spent 6 months with a CR-V EX. It's a great little car, but no matter what I did, it was still a 'cute, little' SUV. I began to miss my former MDX so badly, that I gave up the CR-V Saturday for another MDX, but that's another thread.

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
Welcome back.. Steve.. :2:

·
Registered
206 Posts
Hey dmyles
Thanks for giving me another reason to appretiate my MDX

1 - 5 of 5 Posts