Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,012 Posts
I started a similar thread yesterday and it was moved to a place called community that nobody bother to go to. I am sure this will have the same fate. This is effectively censorship. Whoever does this should stop.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
895 Posts
They moved the Honda Odyssey board to this platform a few weeks ago and even with additional time to adjust I agree this stinks.

·
Registered
3,338 Posts
I have been playing with the Interface for a while and found out these 2 blocks on in the right upper corner just beside your profile pic? both of these squares have no logos on them at least not in mine but the first one (Left One) if you hover the mouse over it says "Popular" clicking this will take you to the most recent discussions in general. This is what you want to click to read the recent activity in the forums overall.

The second one (Right Square aka "Start Discussion") opens the old sub-menu where you can select the sub-forums and start a new thread, etc.

Its really bad when your "New Format" has this really vague interface with no logos (I think this is broken in mine) and requires fooling around… The "Old Format" was perhaps antiquated but it was pretty straightforward and useful for what a forum is.

Acurazine.com also had a visual and layout upgrade not so long ago but it wasn´t as extreme as this was, It was also easier to learn and adopt.

·
Registered
894 Posts
Taking the above post further, after clicking on the Popular square at top, click on the New Post tab. When you click on a thread it will take you directly to the first unread post.

The old format was definitely more familiar as it was also used on the Lexus and Mercedes forums that I am on.

·
Registered
108 Posts
I don't know who owns this website, but they remind me a lot of Honda's attitude about their vehicles - we (not you) know what content and build quality level is right for you, and you will learn to enjoy it, or at least live with its shortcomings! (To be fair, that also sums up Toyota, IMO). Anyway, I actively dislike this new design, but I don't expect any efforts to be made to improve it, despite the negative feedback from users.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I hate this new format! It is not easy to use and frankly, hurts my eyes. It feels amateurish. Our site really did not get a great amount of traffic already, and I fear this loathsome new look will drive even more people away. :(

·
Registered
3,338 Posts
I hate this new format! It is not easy to use and frankly, hurts my eyes. It feels amateurish. Our site really did not get a great amount of traffic already, and I fear this loathsome new look will drive even more people away. :(
MDX forums in general does not get too much traffic I am a Moderator for Acurazine and the MDX forum is pretty much dead, If it sees 1new thread per week is a lot... TypicalMDX owners are not the DIY type so they only use the forums to complaint about the car and thats it.. The other bunch are probably car enthusiasts or old acura owners.

Reactions: deathangel
1 - 14 of 14 Posts