Registered
6,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
pic of it

Attachments

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
The thing that's hard to get over is that there's a Blazer/Envoy underneath the skin...

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
The Cadillac 2004 SUV

Actually the frame is the only thing that will be inherited from GMC Chevrolet Blazer.

The rest like the MDX is built. The engine is actually a bored out version that is currently in the Cadillac CTS. Features for this vehicle will be focus on drivers that appreciate the luxury of the Escallade but wants a smaller SUV that will be a high performance SUV that drives like the CTS.

Cadillac has always been apart from other vehicle. with the new line of next generation cadillac like the CTS sports sedan and the CTS sports coupe and this new SUV...they are heavily focus on younger buyers. I find it refreshing. It is about DAMN time an American car company is doing something that will spark interests again.

I will be anxious to test drive one just for the heck of it. As for this SUV competing with the MDX...I think it will focus on competing with the X5.

·
Registered
671 Posts
Competition is good! I too am glad to see an American Company at least try to do something for the younger buyer. However, every time I lust over a GM product I get a funny feeling not so deep down inside! It's hard to erase the years of crummy, unreliable products from my brain.

I love my MDX, no Caddy will ever replace it!

:cool:

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
If they price this right, under 40K loaded, this rig should do well for GM. If they get reliablity up it will be one of the leaders in its class.

·
Registered
10,732 Posts
I think they will be pressed to keep it under 40K loaded, but it could happen with a V6.
I think GM is right up there in the high-tech arena, but their quality always seems to suffer.
I drove the top Escalade SUV at a "Drive Fair" and frankly was quite impressed with the handling of such a behemoth.
World class compared to the Navigator, but now the Navigator is totally redesigned.
I don't think Mercury's Mountaineer (high end Explorer?) will compete well with the new Caddy. They may have to do something.
And the Durango is really dated, I guess Chrysler's new entry should be competitive, but dont see against an RX300, MDX, ML320, X5 3.0, or this new caddy.

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
Isn't this the Caddy I posted a poll about a few months back?

If it is, I do not believe it has anything in commom with Envoy/Trailblzaer/Bravada.

I think it uses a "truckifed" Sigma platform -- sibling to the CTS.

It seems that GM leadership (led by Bob Lutz) has FINALLY bought into the thought that you CANNOT share too many parts with Chevy & get people to cough up premium cash...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts